Precision boat trailers

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Precision boat trailers

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 am

Kimtown wrote:
Trumpeter wrote:Ozsea are actually made in Seaford to order, there's one for sale near me I had a good look over and it's the built like a tank, the welding is top notch. I like the Mclay's, they've got heaps of freeboard for the kids, and positive flotation.
Oh really?
There you go, definitely thought they were a WA brand
Nope certainly Locally Made, they are not far from me. theres also a stainless steel Fabrication mob next to them that does custom fitouts for the boats they sell, like rod racks and things like that.

Trumpeter.
have you looked at Transtyle and Savage Trailers? Both are next to each other almost, and also near to Ozsea boats as well

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am

Do they do aluminium?

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am

purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Trumpeter wrote:Ozsea are actually made in Seaford to order, there's one for sale near me I had a good look over and it's the built like a tank, the welding is top notch. I like the Mclay's, they've got heaps of freeboard for the kids, and positive flotation.
Oh really?
Nope certainly Locally Made, they are not far from me. theres also a stainless steel Fabrication mob next to them that does custom fitouts for the boats they sell, like rod racks and things like that.

Trumpeter.
have you looked at Transtyle and Savage Trailers? Both are next to each other almost, and also near to Ozsea boats as well
Yeah I've seen a Savage, actually had an Ozsea on it. It was very well set up and beefy, definitely worth considering. Transtyle would be great but maybe a bit expensive?
Last edited by Trumpeter on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am

Mattblack wrote:Do they do aluminium?
They do all sorts of alloy fabrication and mods.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:39 am

Trumpeter wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Oh really?

Trumpeter.
Yeah I've seen a Savage, actually had an Ozsea on it. It was very well set up and beefy, definitely worth considering. Transtyle would be great but maybe a bit expensive?
Ben savage is a nice guy mate, and certainly knows what he is doing, i would recommend you have a chat to him and see what he has to say. they also do aluminium trailers as well, winga has just got one recently for his new Tiller boat from there.
ducky from here also has a new savage trailer so maybe ask him as well.

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks, I saw Winga's beach launch video, the trailer's very good, that tinnie's going to fly!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 am

Winga had a raging savage one over his Savage trailer that's for sure!

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 am

Dragging up an old thread..

Any updates on Precision trailers?

I went to the boat show with the intention of sorting out a new trailer and i was chatting to a random guy in one of the stores and he told me to check them out. Unfortunately their website doesnt really work so i havent been able to see any prices.

I am also getting in touch with Geelong Marine World regarding their Sea Trail trailers.

I would love to go Dunbier or even Transtyle but i cant really justify the cost, i got quoted almost $5000 for a single axle Mackay with a walkway.
Last edited by SteveoTheTiger on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 am

Trumpeter wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi All
I've been looking around for a new boat and have been offered a Precision Trailer from one mob, anyone have any info on them?
https://www.precisionboattrailers.com/
What area you live mate and I might be able to get you out on my boat if you get withdraws

AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Post by AE092 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 am
Dragging up an old thread..

Any updates on Precision trailers?

I went to the boat show with the intention of sorting out a new trailer and i was chatting to a random guy in one of the stores and he told me to check them out. Unfortunately their website doesnt really work so i havent been able to see any prices.

I am also getting in touch with Geelong Marine World regarding their Sea Trail trailers.

I would love to go Dunbier or even Transtyle but i cant really justify the cost, i got quoted almost $5000 for a single axle Mackay with a walkway.
Probably not much feedback but Precision are local to me and when I went to enquire about a trailer, they were flat out on Saturday with collections. The trailers look well built though and are considerably cheaper than a few others on the market.

Return to “Boating”