Altona this Sunday

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Altona this Sunday

Post by Mattblack » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 am

I'm thinking about WPB as well...high tide at about 9.30-10.00am so can have a little sleep in as well

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:37 am

My advise would be avoid the bay this weekend to many comps on. The ramp rage will be shocking bay will be a car park on Sunday being that it's good weather. I think next week hype will be over and will be good to hit the reds.

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Born2fish wrote:My advise would be avoid the bay this weekend to many comps on. The ramp rage will be shocking bay will be a car park on Sunday being that it's good weather. I think next week hype will be over and will be good to hit the reds.
Ok cool I’m open to advice, I’m really not interested in getting in the middle of crowded ramps and comps sumday morning, so I’ve only been to WP once with moderate success, launching from stoney point.
Is there anywhere some more experienced WP fishers can guide me to launching from Sunday morning I might be able to target a gummy. Or even a general area I can target a gummy in the southern end of WP ?
Cheers

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Yota wrote:
Born2fish wrote:My advise would be avoid the bay this weekend to many comps on. The ramp rage will be shocking bay will be a car park on Sunday being that it's good weather. I think next week hype will be over and will be good to hit the reds.
Ok cool I’m open to advice, I’m really not interested in getting in the middle of crowded ramps and comps sumday morning, so I’ve only been to WP once with moderate success, launching from stoney point.
Is there anywhere some more experienced WP fishers can guide me to launching from Sunday morning I might be able to target a gummy. Or even a general area I can target a gummy in the southern end of WP ?
Cheers
Western entrance if u got the gear to handle ripping currents

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Hanks for the tip, but because I’m a total Newbie to WP, when you say western entrance? Do you mean find somewhere right in the western entrance ?
I know it’s sounds an obvious question in hindsight but honestly if I go S Sunday it will be my second time ever in or near WP.
Cheers.

Return to “Boating”