Hook line and sunk

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Hook line and sunk

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 pm

I thought people have said on here before that they back around in low chop and smash down in decent swell

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 pm

cobby wrote:
frozenpod wrote:Stabis are not cheap either.
No, and they're the definition of fugly, but they're also not as hyped up as bcs are. I won't ever forget an owners honest response at the hot current tournament at Coffs years ago when I asked why the ballast was welded shut 'it's full of concrete because without it the boats a ******* heap of sh*t out there that just bangs like a ***** don't know why you vics rave on about them I'd replace it if I could afford to'... he had a 640c
It's all about the promotion, if you get the right company / right people to promote a product you can sell ice to the eskimo's
I've not rode in a BC but there seems to be a lot of negativity ? is it the mob mentality or is there truth in the ride ?

I think I can live with the looks of the stabis ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 pm

hornet wrote:
cobby wrote:
No, and they're the definition of fugly, but they're also not as hyped up as bcs are. I won't ever forget an owners honest response at the hot current tournament at Coffs years ago when I asked why the ballast was welded shut 'it's full of concrete because without it the boats a ******* heap of sh*t out there that just bangs like a ***** don't know why you vics rave on about them I'd replace it if I could afford to'... he had a 640c
It's all about the promotion, if you get the right company / right people to promote a product you can sell ice to the eskimo's
I've not rode in a BC but there seems to be a lot of negativity ? is it the mob mentality or is there truth in the ride ?

They're a better ride than a pressed tinny of similar dimensions (quinny, savage, stacer etc.) like most plate boats are, they aren't the be all and end all of plate boats they're made out to be and nowhere near comparable to a semi decent glass boat.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 am

cobby wrote:
hornet wrote:
cobby wrote:

They're a better ride than a pressed tinny of similar dimensions (quinny, savage, stacer etc.) like most plate boats are, they aren't the be all and end all of plate boats they're made out to be and nowhere near comparable to a semi decent glass boat.
You'll never find an unhappy Stabi owner :thumbsup:

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:33 am

You certainly can Stinky Stabi.

The outcome of cracked stabis was they were using 1mm thinner than industry standard plate.

Coby is on the money re BC.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:56 am

[quote="frozenpod"]You certainly can Stinky Stabi.

The outcome of cracked stabis was they were using 1mm thinner than industry standard plate.

No you wont, they're awesome...tough as guts and unsinkable. If I was to 'accidently' run over a kayak or jetski, I'd rather be in a Stabi over anything made of fibreglass.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:03 am

Mattblack wrote:
frozenpod wrote:You certainly can Stinky Stabi.

No you wont, they're awesome...tough as guts and unsinkable. If I was to 'accidently' run over a kayak or jetski, I'd rather be in a Stabi over anything made of fibreglass.

Whilst entertaining and I hope no one runs over a kayak or a jetski (and its great you love your boat) that is 100% incorrect.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 am

Mattblack wrote:

ummm nah youd rather be in a polycraft for that situation. bounce back and keep driving away like nothing happened, not start looking for holes in the hull :rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

ummm nah youd rather be in a polycraft for that situation. bounce back and keep driving away like nothing happened, not start looking for holes in the hull :rofl:
Are you donating your boat for a demonstration?

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:18 pm

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Are you donating your boat for a demonstration?
Are you donating the yak smile, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Boating”