Safety Chains

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Safety Chains

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

There was another one sunk inside the marina near the main boT ramp the other night. I cam back and after cleaning the boat and washing it went around to drop my mate off at his car and notice it full submerged under. Boat in moored in front of the big charter boat.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Lightningx wrote:There was another one sunk inside the marina near the main boT ramp the other night. I cam back and after cleaning the boat and washing it went around to drop my mate off at his car and notice it full submerged under. Boat in moored in front of the big charter boat.
Got to be gut wrenching coming back after parking the car to find that...check and double check your bungs guys!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Lightningx wrote:There was another one sunk inside the marina near the main boT ramp the other night. I cam back and after cleaning the boat and washing it went around to drop my mate off at his car and notice it full submerged under. Boat in moored in front of the big charter boat.
Got to be gut wrenching coming back after parking the car to find that...check and double check your bungs guys!
Been there done that.

Launched the boat solo, parked the trailer, casually walk back to the boat, took a look, why is there water in there.
Rush back to the car, reverse down the ramp, rush to the boat, this time getting feet wet.
Managed to get the boat on the trailer even though it handled like a sunken bucket
Spent the next 30 mins watching water drain out the bung, the bilge pump was not working.
Done it once and hopefully not again
Besides now have a new bilge pump.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:04 pm

The recent rain have anything to do with it?

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:34 pm

I’d rather get my feet wet and keep the chain on than **** around getting out a metre shy of the water. But yeah no excuse for taking it off at the top of the ramp.

These days unless I’m in shorts and thongs I’ll throw on a pair of slh pants and neoprene booties when solo fishing. Can go waste deep with no stress about getting wet. So I can launch solo in about 3 mins. Warm as toast.

Return to “Boating”