Boat Advice

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Boat Advice

Post by Millzee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with a Caribbean Tiara? It's a 2003 6m bow rider ski / Fishing boat with 150hp Yamaha HPDI engine. I had it all checked out today by a Yamaha dealer and everything looks good but before I pull the trigger I'm trying to find out how they ride and handle. We'll be using it for family fun but I would also like to deck it out a bit for the snapper season and maybe chasing tuna off Portland on the right days.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Boat Advice

Post by blacklab99 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:19 pm

It's a big looking bow rider Milzee, googled one up and had a look.
Sounds from the write ups it's more than a capable hull and a 150 will certainly push it along.
It's got a low profile, windscreen really only offers protection when sitting, so if your in the rough stuff or want to venture out wide,
you'll probably have to sort something there......
But she looks and sounds like it's a nice hull, hope it works out for you.......

Col

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 pm

$32,500 seems steep for a boat that’s 15 years old nice boat if you can beat them right down

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:44 pm

I've searched a lot for a week or so, been driving me nuts, lol. The only review I can find is by the Fishing Monthly mag back in 2011, they seemed to think it's a good fishing boat too but I can't find any video footage a them and only a couple pictures in the water. From what I've found on the market over the last few weeks it's reasonable but I'm working on a deal atm.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:30 pm

Millzee wrote:I've searched a lot for a week or so, been driving me nuts, lol. The only review I can find is by the Fishing Monthly mag back in 2011, they seemed to think it's a good fishing boat too but I can't find any video footage a them and only a couple pictures in the water. From what I've found on the market over the last few weeks it's reasonable but I'm working on a deal atm.
Millzee all small Caribbean trailer boats use the same hull with different deck layouts for each size. So the Offshore and Cobra are the same hull. Belmont and Concorde the same hull. The Tiara, Cougar and Cavalier all share the same hull (older model Adventurer and older again Intruder have almost identical hulls under the waterline to the current 3). The reef runner, 2300 and 2400 are on their own.

All based off the original bertram designs and decent built. They're not all glitz and they're smack in the middle of OK ride and super awesome hot knife through butter ride. I'd be worried more about the trailer and motor than the boat (mostly)

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Cheers mate, that helps heaps

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:01 am

phil1818 wrote:$32,500 seems steep for a boat that’s 15 years old nice boat if you can beat them right down
You obviously haven't looked around at used boats much then.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:36 am

Millzee wrote:Wondering if anyone here has any experience with a Caribbean Tiara? It's a 2003 6m bow rider ski / Fishing boat with 150hp Yamaha HPDI engine. I had it all checked out today by a Yamaha dealer and everything looks good but before I pull the trigger I'm trying to find out how they ride and handle. We'll be using it for family fun but I would also like to deck it out a bit for the snapper season and maybe chasing tuna off Portland on the right days.
I have a Caribbean Concorde and take it out from Portland, and I find it too be pretty good.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:46 am

I was actually looking carribeans on boatsales yesterday. The Tiaras look alright, but my pick would be the concorde or reef runner.

Now a big fan of bow runners

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:21 am

cobby wrote:
phil1818 wrote:$32,500 seems steep for a boat that’s 15 years old nice boat if you can beat them right down
You obviously haven't looked around at used boats much then.
Yeh nah your definitely right mate got no idea iv only brought 3 second hand bow riders.. this time of year everyone pays top dollar it’s a real sellers market :notworthy:

Return to “Boating”