How do you store your rods in your boat?

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

How do you store your rods in your boat?

Post by sturgeon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Dear All,

My boat has got total of 6 rod storage not including the rocket launcher. Due to the curvature of the hull and the space, I can only put at most one rod with its reel each side which is ridiculous. In addition, due to the limited length of the storage, I still have to take the rod apart which makes it even more ridiculous. As such, the side pockets are now used to store tackle instead of rods and at this time, I am simply resting the rods on the floor with the tips on the rear seat cushion back. This is not ideal as when I get in and out of the boat, there is a risk I may trip and step on the rods. Also, as I have a low garage height, leaving the rods in the rocket launcher is not an option for both trailering and for storage. As such, I am trying to decide how to improve the way the rods are stored on my boat so would appreciate any photos of what you guys are doing now.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: How do you store your rods in your boat?

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 pm

I have the rocket launchers and then 6 vertical rod holders bolted.on to the side pockets and then lay a few down in the cabin.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Sturg,
I share your frustration, hence why in my rebuild, I'm sacrificing front cabin bunks and utilising the whole cabin area for dedicated storage.
I too have a rocket launcher and did have rod storage in those multi things fixed down low, which, i will have again.
But, have you seen the "mini rocket launcher" type rod holders, which get fixed in place in front of your screen, effectively, the rod's are in front of you, they miss the Bimini and travel really good,, some one I know got one made up and can put his rods in them, even while going out wide. I thought it would be a visual hinderence, but it really doesn't effect vision,,,, worth investigating, I'll be definatley getting a set made up during my re build.
hth

Col

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Stainless vertical rod holders.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Rocket launchers and some on bait board too some inside cabin.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 am

If using the local ramp 2.1 k from home I just lean the rods against the transom inside the boat. If going further I lay the rods down inside the cabin on the cushions. At home I have a long wooden rod holder which stores them vertically. My rocket launcher only holds 6 rods so I have 2 more rod holders fitted either side of the rocket launcher making a total of 10 rods I can carry. Because you never know which rod you will need.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:53 am

have you got some pics of your current situation, maybe someone could suggest a better option after seeing what you already have.

i personally have horizontal rod holders on the gunwales of the boat, but not everyone can have them installed like i have.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:56 am

Yea I agree a pic of the setup would be great and go from there.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 am

Pics would be good

sturgeon

Post by sturgeon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:47 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Sturg,
I share your frustration, hence why in my rebuild, I'm sacrificing front cabin bunks and utilising the whole cabin area for dedicated storage.
I too have a rocket launcher and did have rod storage in those multi things fixed down low, which, i will have again.
But, have you seen the "mini rocket launcher" type rod holders, which get fixed in place in front of your screen, effectively, the rod's are in front of you, they miss the Bimini and travel really good,, some one I know got one made up and can put his rods in them, even while going out wide. I thought it would be a visual hinderence, but it really doesn't effect vision,,,, worth investigating, I'll be definatley getting a set made up during my re build.
hth

Col
That is quite interesting to have the rods in front. However, I think it would not work for me as I find that it is hard to bring my rods from the front to the back under the bemini.

Return to “Boating”