bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Tow vechile

Post by bowl » Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 am

barra mick wrote:
bowl wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:
bowl wrote:Kirks point/torquay
Kirks has a ramp which more than adequate and you would have the same problem launching and retrieving a boat from the sand at kirks than you would at the ramp and I would be careful taking a boat your size out from Torquay
I have used kirks ramp b4 not a fan ..anyway was asking about tow car.
For the new blokes to fishing with a boat kirks is daunting for sure but for experienced blokes its a piece off p1ss

Many times ive wished for a ramo half as good as kirks.

Ive put my 6.5 boat in there heaps and pulled it out with a trition

Once u get out abt 200 meters its pretty easy....the first time just put in on a high tide.

Bm
Launched there 4-6 times in old tin can , still prefer Avalon over kirks ..,

bowl

Post by bowl » Tue May 08, 2018 5:42 am

ducky wrote:Just get a drop down wheel and keep your car out of the water? I launched at flinders Sunday week ago. Car was 5m from the edge of the water. Could do it further with a bigger beach. Might cost you $300 but means you’re carrying a spare tyre and hub and you can rest assured you aren’t gonna lose your car...

I have a 2010 pathfinder ti and there’s no ******* way I’m putting it in the salt with all the electrics it’s got haha.
That's what i am going to do, ta.
Last edited by bowl on Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 08, 2018 9:09 am

At probably 700kg tow weight you could tow it with just about anything. I would be looking at a subie xtrail ect.

The CX5 is a great car but the AWD system isn't as good as the xtrail which is why I have suggested the xtrail as an alternative.

Xtrail goes well on the sand and would tow your boat with ease.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 08, 2018 9:18 am

ducky wrote:Just get a drop down wheel and keep your car out of the water? I launched at flinders Sunday week ago. Car was 5m from the edge of the water. Could do it further with a bigger beach. Might cost you $300 but means you’re carrying a spare tyre and hub and you can rest assured you aren’t gonna lose your car...

I have a 2010 pathfinder ti and there’s no ******* way I’m putting it in the salt with all the electrics it’s got haha.
did you launch high or low tide? hoping to do the same soon, but i cant use a drop down wheel cause of the shape of my drawbar
Last edited by purple5ive on Tue May 08, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 am

frozenpod wrote:At probably 700kg tow weight you could tow it with just about anything. I would be looking at a subie xtrail ect.

The CX5 is a great car but the AWD system isn't as good as the xtrail which is why I have suggested the xtrail as an alternative.

he already has the CX5

bowl

Post by bowl » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am

purple5ive wrote:
frozenpod wrote:At probably 700kg tow weight you could tow it with just about anything. I would be looking at a subie xtrail ect.

he already has the CX5
Correction misses has.,.me not allowed to use it for boat....2 years old..
My Holden is on last legs...

Mjacc

Post by Mjacc » Tue May 08, 2018 10:07 am

200 series is the go to, what I want. Price is the problem. I currently have a hilux, towing capacity is an issue as I am currently hunting for a new boat. Have heard a lot of good things about the rangers though so far. Haven't been around a heck of a long time yet though.

Just get a portable air compressor if you're worried about being bogged in any vehicle, worst case scenario in the sand you can let the tyres down a bit then pump back up once you're out.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am

bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

he already has the CX5
If thats the case id look at a diesel 4x4 in case you want to upgrade boat again.
but for the smaller boat if you dont want to go big 4x4 then as mentioned any softroader will suffice
forester, outback, xtrail, ix35, sportage, rav4, bonus being some of the smaller softroaders also come in turbo diesel, that would be my pick.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 am

purple5ive wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

he already has the CX5
If thats the case id look at a diesel 4x4 in case you want to upgrade boat again.
but for the smaller boat if you dont want to go big 4x4 then as mentioned any softroader will suffice
forester, outback, xtrail, ix35, sportage, rav4, bonus being some of the smaller softroaders also come in turbo diesel, that would be my pick.
...and you wont get stung with that hefty light commercial toll on City Link that you'll get with a 4x4 ute

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Mjacc wrote:200 series is the go to, what I want. Price is the problem. I currently have a hilux, towing capacity is an issue as I am currently hunting for a new boat. Have heard a lot of good things about the rangers though so far. Haven't been around a heck of a long time yet though.

Just get a portable air compressor if you're worried about being bogged in any vehicle, worst case scenario in the sand you can let the tyres down a bit then pump back up once you're out.
I am a Toyota fan and the 200 series is an excellent vehicle but they have become ridiculously expensive.

There are many other capable vehicles which are much better value.

Patrol's, Rangers, Dmax, Colorado, Jeeps ect which all come with a much lower price tag.

Whilst admittedly they are no 200 series the easy win on the value for money front.

Return to “Boating”