Tow vechile

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Tow vechile

Post by cobby » Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 pm

canned_tuna wrote:I too have a triton...im not going to say too many positive things about it cause it has been and is a *****, but it does go well on the sand being light.
I have a 2013 model just out of warranty and it has started surging, which when i googled seems to be a common problem. Happens all the time under load unfortunately so cant wait to get it fixed and f%#k it off
Suction control valve from **** in the diesel. $220 for the part, 2 bolts, 15 minutes of your time and it's all sorted. But yes you're smack bang in the middle of 4d56hp garbage motors. And another would be a gunk filled air intake system thanks to EGR. ALL modern diesels of all makes are affected by the problem eventually. I've got an 08 with a 4m41 diesel nearing 250k and other than the scv, and 8.5-9.2l of oil each oil change I haven't had a single issue.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Mattblack wrote:Ive been through a few 4x4 utes lately....triton, navara, ranger. The triton was the least comfortable, navara was the least powerful, and the ranger has been faultless so far. All will tow your boat easily. I'd probably get a forester if I was in your shoes...they are bullet proof
Another 100 thou before the gearbox chews itself out

Kangaron

Post by Kangaron » Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 pm

just don't put too much weight on the ball on a triton
Attachments
Capture 1.JPG

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 pm

cobby wrote:
canned_tuna wrote:I too have a triton...im not going to say too many positive things about it cause it has been and is a *****, but it does go well on the sand being light.
I have a 2013 model just out of warranty and it has started surging, which when i googled seems to be a common problem. Happens all the time under load unfortunately so cant wait to get it fixed and f%#k it off
Suction control valve from sh*t in the diesel. $220 for the part, 2 bolts, 15 minutes of your time and it's all sorted. But yes you're smack bang in the middle of 4d56hp garbage motors. And another would be a gunk filled air intake system thanks to EGR. ALL modern diesels of all makes are affected by the problem eventually. I've got an 08 with a 4m41 diesel nearing 250k and other than the scv, and 8.5-9.2l of oil each oil change I haven't had a single issue.

Yeah I removed the EGR last week it was pretty clean so I left the inlet manifold. I can do the SCV but still need to reset the fuel system once ive put a new one in. Its booked in to mitsi on the 24th of this month to diagnose and if scv i will do myself then take it back to them to reset fuel system

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Mon May 07, 2018 7:59 pm

canned_tuna wrote:
cobby wrote:
Suction control valve from sh*t in the diesel. $220 for the part, 2 bolts, 15 minutes of your time and it's all sorted. But yes you're smack bang in the middle of 4d56hp garbage motors. And another would be a gunk filled air intake system thanks to EGR. ALL modern diesels of all makes are affected by the problem eventually. I've got an 08 with a 4m41 diesel nearing 250k and other than the scv, and 8.5-9.2l of oil each oil change I haven't had a single issue.

Yeah I removed the EGR last week it was pretty clean so I left the inlet manifold. I can do the SCV but still need to reset the fuel system once ive put a new one in. Its booked in to mitsi on the 24th of this month to diagnose and if scv i will do myself then take it back to them to reset fuel system

Gotta love the brainiacs who invented EGR.....(greens :down: )

ango

Post by ango » Mon May 07, 2018 8:48 pm

I take it that your trailer is unbraked so the boat and trailer are <750 Kg. Any mid sized soft-roader should do it, E.g. X Trail, Outlander, Rav 4 etc. especially if it has a 4wd lock setting which most of them do. I would be getting an extendable draw bar to keep the car out of the salt water.
Cheers
Ango.

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm

bowl wrote:Kirks point/torquay
Kirks has a ramp which more than adequate and you would have the same problem launching and retrieving a boat from the sand at kirks than you would at the ramp and I would be careful taking a boat your size out from Torquay

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 pm

cantcatchem wrote:
Kirks has a ramp which more than adequate and you would have the same problem launching and retrieving a boat from the sand at kirks than you would at the ramp and I would be careful taking a boat your size out from Torquay
I have used kirks ramp b4 not a fan ..anyway was asking about tow car.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Just get a drop down wheel and keep your car out of the water? I launched at flinders Sunday week ago. Car was 5m from the edge of the water. Could do it further with a bigger beach. Might cost you $300 but means you’re carrying a spare tyre and hub and you can rest assured you aren’t gonna lose your car...

I have a 2010 pathfinder ti and there’s no ******* way I’m putting it in the salt with all the electrics it’s got haha.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon May 07, 2018 11:24 pm

bowl wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:
I have used kirks ramp b4 not a fan ..anyway was asking about tow car.
For the new blokes to fishing with a boat kirks is daunting for sure but for experienced blokes its a piece off ****

Many times ive wished for a ramo half as good as kirks.

Ive put my 6.5 boat in there heaps and pulled it out with a trition

Once u get out abt 200 meters its pretty easy....the first time just put in on a high tide.

Bm

Return to “Boating”