New Bimini and clears

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

New Bimini and clears

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

I had a bit of a fwd clear failure at bermie this year and had it temporarily repaired. I have decided to replace all my canopies Bimini top, slide out sunshade, fwd and side clears. I can’t afford a hard top so I need them to be as waterproof as possible when you take a wave over the top.
Any suggestions I have used all aboard trimming in hoppers and my mate tuna tube has used coverland marine I need suggestions if you have used a good trimmer please let me know. I am happy to take my boat anywhere and know it’s going to cost 2 to 3 grand but I want it as water tight as possible.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: New Bimini and clears

Post by barra mick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Nude up wrote:I had a bit of a fwd clear failure at bermie this year and had it temporarily repaired. I have decided to replace all my canopies Bimini top, slide out sunshade, fwd and side clears. I can’t afford a hard top so I need them to be as waterproof as possible when you take a wave over the top.
Any suggestions I have used all aboard trimming in hoppers and my mate tuna tube has used coverland marine I need suggestions if you have used a good trimmer please let me know. I am happy to take my boat anywhere and know it’s going to cost 2 to 3 grand but I want it as water tight as possible.
How you considered just toughening up a little.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

barra mick wrote:
Nude up wrote:I had a bit of a fwd clear failure at bermie this year and had it temporarily repaired. I have decided to replace all my canopies Bimini top, slide out sunshade, fwd and side clears. I can’t afford a hard top so I need them to be as waterproof as possible when you take a wave over the top.
How you considered just toughening up a little.
No mick I am scared someone will throw soap at me if I get wet

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 pm

I was happy with Anchor Boat Covers
11 Monaro Cl, Wantirna South VIC

I got clears for the sides and front and a travel cover for $1100.
He a chappy that works from home so not a lot of over heads compared to a big business and there was a 2 week wait

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 pm

I used cover craft in Bayswater for my boat cover, excellent work & lasted the time.
quid est quod eum

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:17 pm

ratbag wrote:I used cover craft in Bayswater for my boat cover, excellent work & lasted the time.
I requested a quote for a cover off these guys today. What was the cost for you and what size boat?

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 pm

ratbag wrote:I used cover craft in Bayswater for my boat cover, excellent work & lasted the time.
Did they have seals where the clears meet the windscreen to stop the water forcing it way up and in

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 pm

ducky wrote: I requested a quote for a cover off these guys today. What was the cost for you and what size boat?
My current boat is a topender 455, they made a travel cover, it has ratchet straps at the back and pulls tight over the gunnel. best cover I've had as theres no press studs, clips etc on the sides. I think it was $500, however I can't really remember the exact price. has lasted 6-7 years. they doubled up all the key rub areas with a soft material stitched inside.
Nude up wrote: Did they have seals where the clears meet the windscreen to stop the water forcing it way up and in

They did my previous boat with clears & at the time they used press studs along the windscreen edge. It was a few years back & I have seen much better systems now that weren't used back then. Have seen some other work in recent times with aluminium sail track along the edge of the of the screen to provide a water tight seal.
sailtrack_al.jpg
quid est quod eum

repspec
Has liked: 11 times

Post by repspec » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:30 pm

either
Avtec Covers in Cranbourne (great bloke and very good work)
or
Barca Covers & Canvas in Pakenham (just starting out, but very fussy and does great work)

where we send all of our work.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Cheers fellas I will look into it

Return to “Boating”