New Bimini and clears

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: New Bimini and clears

Post by Redhunter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Nude up wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Nude up wrote:I had a bit of a fwd clear failure at bermie this year and had it temporarily repaired. I have decided to replace all my canopies Bimini top, slide out sunshade, fwd and side clears. I can’t afford a hard top so I need them to be as waterproof as possible when you take a wave over the top.
Any suggestions I have used all aboard trimming in hoppers and my mate tuna tube has used coverland marine I need suggestions if you have used a good trimmer please let me know. I am happy to take my boat anywhere and know it’s going to cost 2 to 3 grand but I want it as water tight as possible.
How you considered just toughening up a little.
No mick I am scared someone will throw soap at me if I get wet
:rofl: you blokes crack me up...

It's the waves that come over the nose while trolling out wide that are the issue? I can't help but to feel you will be right back where you started mate if you go another std bimini and clears setup. Hard top is definitely the way to go to keep your beard dry while you're sipping on that latte :tongue: Timing may not be great right now, but would you be in a better position towards end of year, before the next bermi trip? Considering you will probably keep that boat for some time, it would be worth considering going that extra step for the longterm imo. Just my two cents mate...

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 am

What’s a hardtop worth?

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 am

Keep in mind most hardtops still use clears. If you want water tight then you need an enclosed wheel house.

Or you could just enjoy the occasional spray.

Return to “Boating”