When I

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

When I

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 am

When I bought my boat, it had everything on it that I had planned to put on a boat. It had dual batteries, a deck wash, sounder, anchor winch, deck lights, spotlight, clears, bait board, vhf radio, beacon, trim tabs and a almost new engine, with less than 20hours on the clock, bilge pump, it even had a solar panel for charging the batteries, in floor fuel tank.

The first issue was the bilge pump stopped working, and it was nightmare trying to find which wire was what in the birds nest under the dash and after much difficulty eventually traced the problem to a corroded switch.

Next week I am getting another gauge fitted, and this will then be able to tell me, how much fuel I am using and importantly how much fuel I have left to get back as I will be spending two maybe three trips to portland. So I decided the boat needed spring clean, it is amazing how much crap, just in case I need it, can be put into a boat.

Besides have the new gauge fitted, the wiring is also getting a tidy up and I also updated the VHF to one which has DSC function.

I guess upgrading the trailer will just have to wait.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: When I

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 am

Have found the same a clutter free boat makes life easy.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:When I bought my boat, it had everything on it that I had planned to put on a boat. It had dual batteries, a deck wash, sounder, anchor winch, deck lights, spotlight, clears, bait board, vhf radio, beacon, trim tabs and a almost new engine, with less than 20hours on the clock, bilge pump, it even had a solar panel for charging the batteries, in floor fuel tank.

The first issue was the bilge pump stopped working, and it was nightmare trying to find which wire was what in the birds nest under the dash and after much difficulty eventually traced the problem to a corroded switch.

Next week I am getting another gauge fitted, and this will then be able to tell me, how much fuel I am using and importantly how much fuel I have left to get back as I will be spending two maybe three trips to portland. So I decided the boat needed spring clean, it is amazing how much crap, just in case I need it, can be put into a boat.

Besides have the new gauge fitted, the wiring is also getting a tidy up and I also updated the VHF to one which has DSC function.

Um is the Carribbean you bought over a year ago or a different boat...didn't Carribbean have crappy oil init..

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 am

bowl wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:When I bought my boat, it had everything on it that I had planned to put on a boat. It had dual batteries, a deck wash, sounder, anchor winch, deck lights, spotlight, clears, bait board, vhf radio, beacon, trim tabs and a almost new engine, with less than 20hours on the clock, bilge pump, it even had a solar panel for charging the batteries, in floor fuel tank.

Um is the Carribbean you bought over a year ago or a different boat...didn't Carribbean have crappy oil init..
Still the Caribbean Concorde, the motor is a Suzuki 4 stroke.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 am

My missus and I cleaned out mine the other day.
Was surprised how much junk was left behind from previous trips but much cleaner now :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm

did you get the suzuki digital gauge, or the lowrance to suzuki interface cable?
the latter will allow you to have a mutifucntion display on your elite ti7 and you can monitor fuel usage, and many other parameters of the engine.

but yeah one thing i absolutely hate is a messy boat, i like to keep gear to a minimum onboard and the deck clutter free.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 pm

I cant stand a messy boat.
Always get cleaned out every trip

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Good way to be :thumbsup:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:28 pm

smile0784 wrote:I cant stand a messy boat.
Always get cleaned out every trip
Yeah everything is getting removed, and set up for tuna.

The plan is also if we bag out early, to try for a mako.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 am

Good plan.
Should take a 20lt drum with you and get some frames from the ramp and use as berley or tie up and hand over the side

Return to “Boating”