Led IDIOTS rant

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Led IDIOTS rant

Post by Nude up » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:59 pm

I feel your pain when I was out Sunday I have never seen so many boats at Prince George bank and in close drifting for squid the car park at pt Richards road boat ramp was already full when I got there. Glad I work shifts and am able to get out mid week.
When I got back to the ramp Sunday there was a Haines 580 sl with a wheel missing off the trailer when I spoke with the owner he had done a wheel bearing and had been waiting 3.5 hours for the racv to take his boat home

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:24 pm

People aren't sensible with how they use their lights. Perhaps some of our boat licence fees could be used as an educational tool for such matters something like signage at boat ramps.

As for punch ups at boat ramps without knowing the circumstances you have to wonder how something occurs it's easy to get frustrated by someones ignorance etc but to escalate to physical violence is something else.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 pm

rb85 wrote:People aren't sensible with how they use their lights. Perhaps some of our boat licence fees could be used as an educational tool for such matters something like signage at boat ramps.

As for punch ups at boat ramps without knowing the circumstances you have to wonder how something occurs it's easy to get frustrated by someones ignorance etc but to escalate to physical violence is something else.
I think education is the key.

It's easy to call out the boaters that don't know what they are doing.... but you don't know until you know.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:55 am

Nude up wrote:I feel your pain when I was out Sunday I have never seen so many boats at Prince George bank and in close drifting for squid the car park at pt Richards road boat ramp was already full when I got there. Glad I work shifts and am able to get out mid week.
When I got back to the ramp Sunday there was a Haines 580 sl with a wheel missing off the trailer when I spoke with the owner he had done a wheel bearing and had been waiting 3.5 hours for the racv to take his boat home
3.5 hours.is a un reasonable time to wait. Hope he got compensation

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 am

rb85 wrote:People aren't sensible with how they use their lights. Perhaps some of our boat licence fees could be used as an educational tool for such matters something like signage at boat ramps.

Your rite there is no need for violence

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:02 am

yepi'mon wrote:

I think education is the key.

It's easy to call out the boaters that don't know what they are doing.... but you don't know until you know.
Agreed there’s so many forms of media for fishing and boating now that groups such as VRfish, Marine Safety Vic etc could have a platform to try and encourage better practices on the water. Signage at heavily used ramps would also be a great idea.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:53 am

Long weekends bring them out...I got stuck behind a gentleman at the ramp on Sunday (don't want to mention his nationality but "Bonjour tête de pénis!" if he's reading this) He launched his boat and of course it wouldn't start...after hearing the poor old 2stoke turning over for what seemed like an eternity, it finally smoked to life. He then set off only to discover his steering had seized....and of course when we tried to help him back to shore, he only had a small amount of tangled yellow twine to throw out.
He seemed like a nice enough bloke, but just had no common sense.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am

But alteast he was willing to let you help him.
Some are just rude about it

Stagey

Post by Stagey » Sun May 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Yes I've been there done that I was up at Boondoomah dam a few months ago trying to get a few red claw and catch the odd bass or yellow belly which I might mention don't like me or my tackle when this wanker came flying passed me at great knots in 1 mtr of water where there was rocks and hit one below the surface well his motor totally disappeared off his boat in numerous bits I went over to give him a hand and offers a tow back all I got was a mouth full of abuse as if it was my fault So in typical Australian fashion I advised him what he can do I tell you when God handed out the brains this bloke thought he was getting a milk shake and got a thick one

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Stagey wrote:Yes I've been there done that I was up at Boondoomah dam a few months ago trying to get a few red claw and catch the odd bass or yellow belly which I might mention don't like me or my tackle when this wanker came flying passed me at great knots in 1 mtr of water where there was rocks and hit one below the surface well his motor totally disappeared off his boat in numerous bits I went over to give him a hand and offers a tow back all I got was a mouth full of abuse as if it was my fault So in typical Australian fashion I advised him what he can do I tell you when God handed out the brains this bloke thought he was getting a milk shake and got a thick one

Lol..that's a great line.

Return to “Boating”