Frustrating month

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Frustrating month

Post by Nude up » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am

About 12 months ago my trim switch on my throttle lever failed in the up direction I priced a genuine one around $140 I found one on eBay claimed to be Oem part $50 no brainer I thought. When it arrived it was similar but the connections were different no problem cut them of and solder switch to original harness worked great for 6 months lost up trim then at Christmas lost down trim. Pulled it out switch knackered.
I phoned the Yamaha dealer in hoppers for a switch no problem $140 4 days picked it up pulled the binnacle apart to get the switch out it’s the wrong one right harness but the switch would not fit in the lever. Rang them up mine is a 704 binnacle which there are early and late models mine is an early one nil stock in Australia.
So finally I got a call Friday it’s here I picked it up straight away went to night shift and fitted it sat arvo it’s been a month. I will be back on the water mon and tue around the bellarine.
The switch in the end was dearer $200 plus the $50 I wasted with the ebay one plus no boat the frustration motto don’t buy rubbish of ebay don’t be a tight arse and buy original
Attachments
15177042124291.jpg
15177041964370.jpg

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Frustrating month

Post by Bayrock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:35 am

Ouch
I know an old saying "buying cheap is buying expensive", I still make that mistake too but always something to bear in mind

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 am

Thats frustrating amd expensive but alteast yiur back on the water now and can runnit in for marlin march

I think ita all depends what you buy.
Technical things that are specific i buy from the shops amd other things i get from ebay

I bought fuel bulbs from china for the whipper snipper 10 for $8 posted even if they dont last as long i have a few spares and sold 3 so far for $5 each lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Definitely a frustrating experience but good to hear you will be back on the water next week :thumbsup:

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:09 pm

I barely know which way to turn a screwdriver :rofl:

Whenever there is a problem I take it back to the dealer to fix and pay whatever they charge to fix it. Sometimes I think about fixing it myself and then I remember I’m lazy and will definitely break more than I fix

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:43 pm

scott__henning wrote:I barely know which way to turn a screwdriver :rofl:

Whenever there is a problem I take it back to the dealer to fix and pay whatever they charge to fix it. Sometimes I think about fixing it myself and then I remember I’m lazy and will definitely break more than I fix
Bahaha...at least you're honest mate :rofl:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeh that is frustrating Nude Up! Easy/simple jobs are never just that. All for the sake of a pissy little switch 'ey. At least you're back and at em mate. The good stuff is starting to fire up bud...

Return to “Boating”