Goulbourn River Boating Advice Needed?

Nigz

Goulbourn River Boating Advice Needed?

Post by Nigz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Hey there, I am looking for a spot to drop my 10ft 15hp tinny in the goulburn I was thinking of killingworth past yea, can anyone give me some advice please?

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Re: Goulbourn River Boating Advice Needed?

Post by Blue » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Don,t know exactly where you re situated but there are a couple of good ramps in Seymour.
I launched a tinny same as yours at the ramp in Goulburn Park without any probs.
Was a good 15 years ago but don,t imagine much has changed,have no idea of Goulburn water levels at present
Good luck
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Nigz

Post by Nigz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Blue wrote:Don,t know exactly where you re situated but there are a couple of good ramps in Seymour.
I launched a tinny same as yours at the ramp in Goulburn Park without any probs.
Was a good 15 years ago but don,t imagine much has changed,have no idea of Goulburn water levels at present
Good luck
Blue
were you able to cruise up the river a while? Thanks mate!

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:02 am

Seymour has fast sections so you can't get very far. Just up from Seymour park its too fast to get a kayak upstream at a point about 1km upstream, dont know about a tinny.

Killingworth is fine I believe, seen a few boats going in there

laneends

Post by laneends » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 am

If you want slower safer section you can launch at mitchellstown rd bridge, near Nagambie

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Nigz,I recall a decent stretch of water and one spot over hung with willows where I moored the boat and fished around the root banks for a couple of small reddies.Only had a 15 Merc on the back same as yours and was giving it a run to check it out.
Just trying to give you a lead to an easy launch, Goulburn flow changes pretty constantly depending on water release so you need to have a look and make up your own mind
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Apart from Lions Park and Goulburn Park boat ramps I know there is a makeshift ramp if you have a 4wd, at the camping ground on Northwood Rd, downstream of the old bridge, I haven't looked at this ramp for a while so I'm not sure of it's current state. If you don't have a 4wd I'd forget I mentioned it, cheers davo
nb1.PNG
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

laneends

Post by laneends » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm

davek wrote:Apart from Lions Park and Goulburn Park boat ramps I know there is a makeshift ramp if you have a 4wd, at the camping ground on Northwood Rd, downstream of the old bridge, I haven't looked at this ramp for a while so I'm not sure of it's current state. If you don't have a 4wd I'd forget I mentioned it, cheers davo
nb1.PNG
You have that weir/rapid not far upstream from that and I think technically you can't take a boat under that old bridge? So its limiting the amount of waterway. I was thinking of putting the kayak in there, but you can only access a limited amount of water. I think it runs fairly fast downstream of Lions park?

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:09 pm

laneends wrote:
davek wrote:Apart from Lions Park and Goulburn Park boat ramps I know there is a makeshift ramp if you have a 4wd, at the camping ground on Northwood Rd, downstream of the old bridge, I haven't looked at this ramp for a while so I'm not sure of it's current state. If you don't have a 4wd I'd forget I mentioned it, cheers davo
nb1.PNG
You have that weir/rapid not far upstream from that and I think technically you can't take a boat under that old bridge? So its limiting the amount of waterway. I was thinking of putting the kayak in there, but you can only access a limited amount of water. I think it runs fairly fast downstream of Lions park?
There is a restriction at the bridge, no boats within that area but there is river access below that point, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:03 pm

laneends wrote:If you want slower safer section you can launch at mitchellstown rd bridge, near Nagambie

Is this ramp reopened? They cut it off when the new bridge went in.

Return to “Boating”