Max Load / Max persons

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Max Load / Max persons

Post by Persistence » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks for all your replies and input. I received two emails back from Transport Safety Vic. Below are the bits that count.

"The marine safety regulations require that when calculation the number of people on board a vessel for the purpose of determining weather the vessel is overloaded and not to be operated the following is considered

a, children less than one year are not counted
b, children 12 months to 12 years be counted as 0.5 (half a person)."

"Additionally if you calculate the max load and are well within the 500kg this shows that you are being conservative. Remember to include bags and fishing gear within your max load calculation as well as any after market fittings that have been added after the Aust builders Plate calculations were completed. "

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 pm

That's actually a really good reply, easy to understand and covers everything you asked. Wish a few other departments could reply like that :victory:

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm

I was happy just to get a reply! As you say, compared to alot of other departments theses guys were great to deal with, replied fast and took the query seriously. I actually got the first answer back on a Saturday.Who ever heard of a govt. department working on a Saturday?
Well done and much thanks to Antonia, Gareth and Phil at TSV.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 am

Persistence wrote:I was happy just to get a reply! As you say, compared to alot of other departments theses guys were great to deal with, replied fast and took the query seriously. I actually got the first answer back on a Saturday.Who ever heard of a govt. department working on a Saturday?
Well done and much thanks to Antonia, Gareth and Phil at TSV.
Impressive for a Saturday.

Return to “Boating”