Boat and Car Combo?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Boat and Car Combo?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Get the brakes its always a safer option even if you don't need to have it.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 pm

smile0784 wrote:
drew 2 wrote:
Smile it is a bit like your advice to the bloke who got the ticket for failing to give way,you said tell them you where fatigued,stressed or tired or whatever sh*t you said,would have most likely got the guy sent for a licence reassessment or medical revue,not got him off it as you suggested.Not my opinion but that of a mate i was having a beer with when it came up and i shown him. 25 year T.O.G/T.M/U member but what the furk would he no.
Whats tog/tm/u
Traffic operations group now known as traffic management unit,a division of vicpol.
Google it ,i'm sure they would take your expert advice and opinion on board.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Wasnt expert advice
Was from experience.
Happened to me driving back from bermagui

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

And we all seen the result of your towing to qld on here with a half furked trailer EDITED wolly

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

purple5ive wrote:Get the brakes its always a safer option even if you don't need to have it.
Yeah I did some calculating and off the top of my head it would be close to 700kg wet and with an Esky and some rods etc. Looks like a set of cable brakes will be fitted.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:57 pm

drew 2 wrote:And we all seen the result of your towing to qld on here with a half furked trailer
EDITED Wolly
Im not an engineer or inspector . When i bought the trailer a month before i stabbed the rust spots that i could see with the screw driver and nothing flacked off or didnt go through the rust spots.

And the bot that snapped off was still welded by 3 other joins or attached to strapped so no chance of it moving any further and once i nothed pulled on it and it didint move.

Is your trailer 100% rust free even inside the channels?

Advising other people to do un safe thing.
Information i got about towing was from the mitubishi website. Was that an approved resourse? Or not upto your standard also?

Dont blame me for what other people do. I cant control what people do. People still have controlover there body and should do what they think is correct as per the law.

You can lead a idiot to water but cant make him drink. Everyone has there own responsibility for there actions and suffer there own consequences

\EDITED Wolly

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 pm

smile0784 wrote:U made it sound like i was guessing when it wasnt the case.
I dont have a issue douting me just make sure your correct.

Its like a teacher saying your spelling is wrong when they have no evidence to substantiate there claim.
So there for my comment is correct not rubbish.
So this overrides your later statement that the onus is on the operator/owner to make sure that the registerd vehicle is fit for purpose because it passed your "screw driver" test.

My trailer is %100 rust free.And yes i have qualifications in structural steel manufacturing & design, pressure pipe and plate, mild steel,mid carbon and alloy.In Both MMAW & GTAW up to 5500 psi WP.

Wouldn't advise anyone to take advice of a website no matter what it says, when the compliance plate fitted to the towing attachment/vehicle that was being operated at the time of an accident says different.Not gonna save your arse in a court of law one bit.MCIU aren't idiots.

Yes you can lead an idiot to water,that seems to be the path you go down,hopefully no one drinks from it,and leaves all the water for you.

EDITED Wolly

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

So glad you have a higher education then everyone else. Why dont you offer to fix trailers for free for people to make sire they are upto your standard.
EDITED

Look this is pointless.
EDITED Wolly

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Calm down girls. This is a fishing forum. Not a shielas bathroom.
Go to bed and relax

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Not highly educated,left school in form 3 at 15 years of age and done an apprenticeship in metal trades,got where i am today through hard work,technical study & hand's on experience over 36 years.

EDITED
For what it's worth i've built a few boat and other trailers over the years for friends,mild steel,stainless steel and aluminium,not cheap,but not had a failure yet,because they maintain them properly and they where built to a standard,not a price.By a tradesman.

EDITED Wolly

Return to “Boating”