WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN CROSSING A BAR

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN CROSSING A BAR

Post by smile0784 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:03 am

Kimtown wrote:Quick question, do boat insurers generally cover flipped boats in bar crossings?

When I rang up club marine they never asked any questions like 'will you be attempting bar crossings?'
I think a bar becomes high risk so they will ask you more questions

Paulanderson
Has liked: 62 times

Post by Paulanderson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 am

I really would not want to be in that boat when it landed! That aside a member of my club was travelling back from Brisbane in a cruiser he had just bought when he was rolled trying to get out of the Brunswick Heads bar. The coastguard had warned him over the radio that the bar was closed and dangerous but he went anyway. I forget which insurance company it was but they disowned him.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:33 am

Paulanderson wrote:I really would not want to be in that boat when it landed! That aside a member of my club was travelling back from Brisbane in a cruiser he had just bought when he was rolled trying to get out of the Brunswick Heads bar. The coastguard had warned him over the radio that the bar was closed and dangerous but he went anyway. I forget which insurance company it was but they disowned him.
I would too. If your warned by authorities that bar was closed due to safety concerens you shouldn't be covered.

Same as drink driving your insurance doesnt cover you

Return to “Boating”