ALtona ramp m things ya see

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: ALtona ramp m things ya see

Post by purple5ive » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:26 am

Safety chains will not stop the boat and trailer from ending up in the boot of your vehicle...
It works to only stop the yrailer and boat from getting away. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE SAFETY CHAINS regardless. Preferably 2 not 1 as it will stop the trailer from digging into the road if the chains are crossed which is the right way to do it

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:13 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:Ive noticed a couple of times at hastings people have engaged my jockey wheel and wound it up as hish as they could get it. Had i of drive the wheel would of bent or broke.
Probably bored kids but it pays to check as its a headache you can do without
We were at Portland and I drove my boat on the trailer and the trailer disengaged from the tow bar, someone thought it would be funny to have the coupling sit on the tow ball. Fortunately no damage.

But not only ramps places for these things, there are more than a few light fingered fisherman who will steal anything not tied down.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:15 pm

purple5ive wrote:Safety chains will not stop the boat and trailer from ending up in the boot of your vehicle...
It works to only stop the yrailer and boat from getting away. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE SAFETY CHAINS regardless. Preferably 2 not 1 as it will stop the trailer from digging into the road if the chains are crossed which is the right way to do it
When there is more than one person, it is easy to overlook something. I always double check as I have been caught out assuming that coupling was put on the tow ball correctly.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 pm

It's amazing what people steal at boat ramps I came in to pt Richards ramp late one night when driving home I had shocking wheel vibration when I got out and looked someone had tried to nick the wheels off my car and had removed 80% of the wheel nuts. Tuna tube had his round to flat trailer plug adaptor stolen.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Nude up wrote:It's amazing what people steal at boat ramps I came in to pt Richards ramp late one night when driving home I had shocking wheel vibration when I got out and looked someone had tried to nick the wheels off my car and had removed 80% of the wheel nuts. Tuna tube had his round to flat trailer plug adaptor stolen.
Launching and retrieving by myself, I wear a pair of waders. Retrieved the boat, took the waders off, left them beside the ramp, parked the car. Could not see the waders and assumed I put them in the boat, only to find them missing the next time I went to launch the boat.

Had my lunch in the mini fish bag, put it down, helped someone with their boat, went to get my lunch and the bag was gone.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Nude up wrote:It's amazing what people steal at boat ramps I came in to pt Richards ramp late one night when driving home I had shocking wheel vibration when I got out and looked someone had tried to nick the wheels off my car and had removed 80% of the wheel nuts. Tuna tube had his round to flat trailer plug adaptor stolen.
Launching and retrieving by myself, I wear a pair of waders. Retrieved the boat, took the waders off, left them beside the ramp, parked the car. Could not see the waders and assumed I put them in the boat, only to find them missing the next time I went to launch the boat.

Had my lunch in the mini fish bag, put it down, helped someone with their boat, went to get my lunch and the bag was gone.
Someone stealing your lunch now that is a low act I hope they chocked on it

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:

Bloody Seagulls! :rofl: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm

we used to fish at hollands landing a bit when I was a kid. 1st time we went our cars FULL petrol tanked got milked to almost dry.
bastards

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:we used to fish at hollands landing a bit when I was a kid. 1st time we went our cars FULL petrol tanked got milked to almost dry.
bastards
Ive had aboriginals camping in really remote nt steal gas bottles,jerry cans off fuel,food and off course ****.

At least they caught them in town and dished out some proper punishment.

If it happened down here they may off got a slap on the wrist and some type off goverment grant.

Return to “Boating”