seat pods

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

seat pods

Post by blacklab99 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Cant offer up a photo, still haven't changed things since photobucket blocked me out.
I've decided to get a couple of those ram fibre glass seat boxes, they have a type of base plate which normally gets screwed into the floor,
the actual box sits on top and screwed into the upstands of the base plates. I cant screw into my new floor as there's no centre lift out, the floor is now one piece, with an inspect port up front and down back. ( they will partially cover the fuel tank underneath )
So, I am going to get the fibre glass guy to first urethane then fibre glass the base plate for the seat box fixing down to the floor.
I will only get one crack at this, as far as positioning it correctly. I was intending on getting the seat box fitting that slides and swivels, so you can stand at the helm, and slide the seat back when doing so, the previous pedestal set up I had was a fair bugga when standing, the seat would cut into the back of your legs if you stood up for a period of time.
So my question, which very well may be, just sit the pod's in position and judge where best to anchor them ! I wont have the seats and swivel unit at the time, but has anyone fitted these up, is there anything else to consider before saying x marks the spot ? or any general rule of thought about distance from Dash ? bit of a silly question I suppose, but with everything stripped out its a bit hard to judge

Return to “Boating”