Trailer maintenance

Pedro

Trailer maintenance

Post by Pedro » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am

Would be much appreciated if anybody could post pics of systems they've set up to flush their boat trailers after it's been used. Regards, Pedro

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Trailer maintenance

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:11 am

the watering system works best if you use it straight after the trailer has been in salt water. aka you need to flush it when you put the boat in, and when you retrieve the boat.
so a bit tricky to get done, but i have heard people use Portable water cans with a 12v pump on a timer. never actually seen one in the flesh though.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:56 am

I've heard of people shoving Sprinkler hoses (a hose with heaps of pin-holes in it) down the steel tubing. Hot water is the best for getting salt off, but that's easier said than done.
I just rinse as best as I can and then spray with Inox MX4 every now and then as it seems to leave a protective coat (Lanolube is fantastic but a bit sticky) Guess you have to draw the line somewhere because if you spend too long washing and maintaining equipment, it makes going fishing less desirable.
inox mx4.jpg
inox mx4.jpg (155.47 KiB) Viewed 676 times

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 am

While we are on the Topic, whats the best solution for a Alloy trailer??
would spraying stuff like lanolin/fish oil etc work as efficiently as on a Gal trailer.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am

I saw a guy at the bermie ramp who had soaker hoses inside his trailer longitudinal rails he then just connected his hose to them. On my streaker boat I sprayed the inside of my dumbier trailer with fish oil I bought in spray cans. Om my alloy trailer I just give it the occasional wipe over with wd40

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:11 pm

This is a hose attachment that's fixed inside the trailer frame, one either side. This comes as standard from the factory but you could tap a thread through the gal and screw an attachment in place . Put a bit of lock tight around thread and should stay for good.
Attachments
IMG_4971.JPG

Return to “Boating”