davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Trailer failure eliminates fishing time

Post by davek » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:34 pm

rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Texas wrote:
drew 2 wrote:Probably a good argument for roadworthy certificates for trailers on change of ownership,same as cars.

That's scary stuff to see.
Your kidding, aren't ya
If I buy a trailer over 6x4 it has to be registered,but not (necessarily) roadworthy ?
Does a boat need a "seaworthy" to transfer registration ???
When I first read this post I thought, shouldn't that have been picked up during the roadworthy.

In the dark
Gra

If you buy a boat interstate you need to get it inspected by vic roads when yiu register it.

I bought my boat in sydney towed it home vic roads only inspected the trailer not for condition only for width, if the lights worked and for a stamped serial number which it didnt have it was just on the id plate I took it home stamped the numbers in then took it back. They never even looked at the boat
Wonder if thats why boat theft is so prevalent.
Very good point, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Trailer failure eliminates fishing time... all fixed now

Post by Nude up » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:38 pm

After I had my trailer repaired 2 years later I replaced it. There was a nagging feeling in my head especially when I tow so much, I bought a new trailer and took the new trailer and boat to altona to swap them over tuna tube was behind me towing the new trailer and said my r/h rear wheel bent outwards more than the others when going over a bump after swaping the boat over we found another cross member cracked. The problem with repairs and stiffening up it just spreads the load to another area weakened by rust, I would start saving now and keep your eye on the trailer give it the once over after you launch each time.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Trailer failure eliminates fishing time... all fixed now

Post by barra mick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:04 am

I agree....once you start welding/repairing it weakens quickly bin other places.

I know this from experience also...had to weld the same trailer 3 times on one trip in the nt in 3 differant places.

Bm

Return to “Boating”