Boatcatch - Feedback

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Boatcatch - Feedback

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm

So after visiting the boat show and seeing all the boat catch type accessories the old man has decided he no longer wants to get his pants wet being the launch and retrieve b*#ch.

We are looking at purchasing a boatcatch (http://boatcatch.com) which I've seen around for awhile now.

I saw a heap of different products at the boat show so wondering if anyone has any feedback on these or recommends something else that might have more features than the boatcatch product?

Cheers

col1
Has liked: 9 times

Re: Boatcatch - Feedback

Post by col1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:39 pm

My Haines sig 542 came with a boat catch when I bought it wasn't overly fussed about it either way at the time because with my previous boat I didn't bother driving on to the trailer but now after having the boat catch I'd never have a boat without it, I fish alone a fair bit so it just makes life so easy drive on climb down the front attach safety chain and winch and I'm done,can't compare it to other similar products as I have'nt used them but Iv had dry feet for past 2 years and loving it,

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Was looking at these too. Would make life a lot easier when fishing solo I would think?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

I looked at4 different ones whe n i got the new boat and got L&R catch.

Cost about 350

Works well amd easy to install.

I am able to launch and retrieve solo but having a second person just to drive the car back a few meters and go park the car is so help full.

Can get a novice.to just drive trailer out with out training them how unhook the winch etc

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Scraglor wrote:Was looking at these too. Would make life a lot easier when fishing solo I would think?
Yes but wouldn't climbing out and down the winch post be difficult and even dangerous on some boats?

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Trumpeter wrote:
Scraglor wrote:Was looking at these too. Would make life a lot easier when fishing solo I would think?
Yes but wouldn't climbing out and down the winch post be difficult and even dangerous on some boats?
Currently sourcing an ex-scaffold ladder with the hooks at the top for this purpose :P

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm

I have had two types the l and r on my streaker its in the garage I took it off when I sold the boat its a great product if you go out by yourself. This wouldnt fit on the sealink trailer that came with my haines so I bought the loop of wire one cost about $100 and also worked great thats also in the garage the new easytow trailer has skids so the boat just sits there a bit of reverse and it comes off.
Not only great when you launch and retrieve by yourself if you have some one with you its cuts the time down you don't have to leave the boat in gear till the winch strap is on.on the ramps that require you to go back as far as the tyres once the boat is on the trailer just pull fwd a bit then put the winch strap on never to get wet again. I would not pull the boat all the way out till the winch strap and safety chain was on though just for safety

mr plow

Post by mr plow » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 pm

i have a boat catch and is really good. when i pull up at ramp i disconect chain and winch strap and back down just on the catch. jump in boat pull sting and away i go. and with loading just click lever across be4 reversing down drive on and drive on to it clicks. i always get the driver to look to see pin had come acoss than drive up ramp and tie down properly. im pretty sure boat catch actually guarantes that you can just drive with catch and if it fails and boat come off trailer they will cover it. i have down this once from melb to moe after fiberglasser never connected chain and winch back up

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks guys, will check out the L&R and see how we go. Seems like either way can't go wrong really!

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:36 am

For one man operation they are good.

They are not required if you have 2 people and without one you wont get your feet wet.

Return to “Boating”