Gremlins

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Gremlins

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Well the gremlins struck again, the winch on my boat trailer failed, fortunately after the boat was on, and it jammed up well and good. Sadly I left most of my tools at home, and needed to get a cir clip off, already own a few pairs of pliers and guess what they are at home.

One of split pins had corroded so much it broke and as I was getting another one out it fell apart with rust. So it was time to over haul the boat winch and replace all the pins. It also needed a rubber bush, that I can't find anything to fit at the moment, but I am out of trouble and can now use the winch. Fortunately I had my punch set with my tools. But no hammer, bugger.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Gremlins

Post by hornet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of boating ! where corrosion and electrical faults reign supreme ... :(
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm

hornet wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of boating ! where corrosion and electrical faults reign supreme ... :(
Was looking forward to having a fish tomorrow Tuesday, looked that the forecast, and strong wind warning has been issued.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 pm

I had a tooth on a gear in my winch bend so you couldn't crank it the only tools I had were a screwdriver and a shifter took ages to belt the crap out of it so I could get the boat on the trailer.
This happened at corinella boat ramp about 10pm no body around as the saying goes sh@t happens especially with a boat

Return to “Boating”