Boat show

nmgar

Re: Boat show

Post by nmgar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 pm

purple5ive wrote:Very nice mate. Happy days and tight lines..
Did you happen to get any nore pics of the trolling moror install. Be keen to see how they mounted it. Your boat is one of the ones in recent times to pull this off would be keen to hear how well it works on a cabin styled front..
Heard a few people doing a similar approach all due to the auto stow and deploy feature
I'll take some more photos and post them tomorrow. The guys at Warragul Marine were apparently very impressed with the Ulterra; a few of them said they want to put one on their boats.

They put the boat in the water to give it a test and said that they could get 7 knots out of it.

They also told me that they took a short film which they have posted on Facebook but I can't locate it at the moment. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to try to get the URL
Cheers,
Neil

nmgar

Post by nmgar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm

I've taken some more photos:

This one is from underneath showing the plate that Mclay added in the factory so that the motor could sit straight.
DSC_0091.JPG
From the front of the boat looking at the same thing. I got a quick release bracket to make it easy to take off.
DSC_0092.JPG
They put a rubber pad on the side of the cuddy to minimize damage by knocking
DSC_0095.JPG
At around midpoint of the shaft.
DSC_0096.JPG
The batteries are under the passenger seat.
DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0097.JPG
Wiring to the batteries is well out of the way
DSC_0098.JPG
I actually have 4 batteries on board, The other 2 are at the stern, I got them to put in waterproof hatches.
DSC_0103.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG
Because on one side I wanted a travel buddy.
DSC_0102.JPG
I still have some storage space at the stern, but not much.
Cheers,
Neil

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Very nice mate. They have done an excellent install. Loving the railblaza holder for the shaft and the extra rubber pad for protection and all the concealed wiring. Very well installed.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Very nice mate! Neat and tidy :thumbsup:

nmgar

Post by nmgar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 pm

purple5ive wrote:Very nice mate. They have done an excellent install. Loving the railblaza holder for the shaft and the extra rubber pad for protection and all the concealed wiring. Very well installed.
Yeah, I'm very happy with the way it's turned out. They seem to do a good job keeping everything neat and tidy. I'm hanging out for Monday morning when I'll get to try it out.
Cheers,
Neil

M9085

Post by M9085 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Yeah, I'm very happy with the way it's turned out. They seem to do a good job keeping everything neat and tidy. I'm hanging out for Monday morning when I'll get to try it out.[/quote]

Well nmgar, how did you go? How did the boat perform? Is she stable? How does she handle chop?

nmgar

Post by nmgar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:04 pm

M9085 wrote:
Well nmgar, how did you go? How did the boat perform? Is she stable? How does she handle chop?
How did I go? Well this is my first boat and prior to picking it up I had never towed anything before. Consequently I am currently incompetent at reversing the trailer on the ramp. Fortunately launching at Tooradin at 7.00 a.m. on a Monday there was nobody else around for me to delay and I had someone with me to help. I'll be looking for a quiet car park this week to do some practicing.

How did the boat go? Hard to tell really. Suzuki recommends no more than 3000 revs for the first 3 hours and 4000 revs for the next hour which I stuck to and the wind was 5-10 knots giving almost no chop so I can't really say how it handles yet. At least I got 3 hours on the motor so next time I get out I'll be able to open it up rather more.

I was happy with the stability at rest as I thought it might be somewhat tender but 2 people on one side of the boat seemed to have little effect.

I didn't use the Minn Kota at all, but the anchor winch is a joy, it makes anchoring so easy. I need to spend some time going through the settings on the sounder, Warragul Marine linked the GPS to the radio prior to handover which meant that I didn't get to use the setup wizard when I first turned it on. At the moment it isn't showing water temperature for some reason.

I had paired the Fusion stereo to my tablet at home and it worked there but wouldn't recognise it on the water, not sure why at the moment. I'll try again when I'm practicing backing the boat so I can see if it is related to my WiFi at home.

We only caught a couple of whiting though we had an enjoyable day; I had a couple of squid on a baited jig but unfortunately I had too much length below my float stopper and the prongs had picked up too much weed to hold the squid.

I won't manage to use it this week but weather permitting I'll do another day next week. I'll stick to midweek for a while until I gain more confidence/skill; I want to avoid busy ramps until I do.
Cheers,
Neil

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Must have been a good feeling getting your 1st launch under your belt...bet you slept well after that. After a few more launches, you'll go through the 'complacent' stage...that's when the stuff-up's begin.
Please post your WOT speed at some stage.

M9085

Post by M9085 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm

nmgar wrote:
M9085 wrote:
How did I go? Well this is my first boat and prior to picking it up I had never towed anything before. Consequently I am currently incompetent at reversing the trailer on the ramp. Fortunately launching at Tooradin at 7.00 a.m. on a Monday there was nobody else around for me to delay and I had someone with me to help. I'll be looking for a quiet car park this week to do some practicing.

How did the boat go? Hard to tell really. Suzuki recommends no more than 3000 revs for the first 3 hours and 4000 revs for the next hour which I stuck to and the wind was 5-10 knots giving almost no chop so I can't really say how it handles yet. At least I got 3 hours on the motor so next time I get out I'll be able to open it up rather more.

I was happy with the stability at rest as I thought it might be somewhat tender but 2 people on one side of the boat seemed to have little effect.

I didn't use the Minn Kota at all, but the anchor winch is a joy, it makes anchoring so easy. I need to spend some time going through the settings on the sounder, Warragul Marine linked the GPS to the radio prior to handover which meant that I didn't get to use the setup wizard when I first turned it on. At the moment it isn't showing water temperature for some reason.

I had paired the Fusion stereo to my tablet at home and it worked there but wouldn't recognise it on the water, not sure why at the moment. I'll try again when I'm practicing backing the boat so I can see if it is related to my WiFi at home.

We only caught a couple of whiting though we had an enjoyable day; I had a couple of squid on a baited jig but unfortunately I had too much length below my float stopper and the prongs had picked up too much weed to hold the squid.

I won't manage to use it this week but weather permitting I'll do another day next week. I'll stick to midweek for a while until I gain more confidence/skill; I want to avoid busy ramps until I do.
Just after I finished reading this, I went and chucked another $50 into my money jar... $37550 to go :-D

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:01 pm

Looks good

Return to “Boating”