Mayden Voyage

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Mayden Voyage

Post by hornet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:54 pm

This should explain it all..
http://www.clubmarine.com.au/internet/c ... of+balance

or fit one of these if you cannot find why it's doing it... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=outb ... =_&spf=200
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Geff577

Progress

Post by Geff577 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Exhausting but informative long weekend. I had some help over easter and confirmed the boat was porposing.

The advice was the boat was very bow heavy and the motor was too low. Better eyes than mine spotted the fuel tank had been modified and moved forward from the standard position and the batteries had been moved from the back to the cabin :oops: . Still had the original unfilled holes for the battery boxes at the stern :down:

On the first day the anchor and 10kg of sinkers found hidden in the bow was moved to the back which helped.

That night the motor was moved up 3 holes and with an eskie full of water at the back it was a very different boat. Boat seems sluggish to get going now but once it does it goes great with no porposing.

Got a few fishing pointers and caught fish like I could only dream off, gummy, squid and piles of flathead.

Delirium
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Delirium » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Nice work. Sounds like you have it sorted. Now that you have stopped the rollercoaster, experiment with a bit of trim 'out' to get out of the hole quicker...you may find it helps quite a bit. You can then trim it back in once you have it moving.

Cheers, Ian

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Good to see got it figured out

Aquaholic1

Post by Aquaholic1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:54 am

Hi Guys, I’ve just picked up on this old topic.
I've just replaced the motor on my beloved old Signature.
The old 100hp merc has been replaced with a 150hp etec, I now have that porpoising effect that has been talked about.
Nothing else has changed on the boat except the motor.
I noticed that the etec is approx 100lbs heavier than the old merc so I'm assuming its the weight change to the stern that's causing the issue.
I will try shifting or adding weight on my next trip.
I really just wanted to say thanks for a very interesting topic that could probably apply to any Hull.
Cheers Guys.

Return to “Boating”