The RIP/ PPB heads

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Re: The RIP/ PPB heads

Post by piscateur » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
piscateur wrote:You would want to have a decent boat, and go out with an experienced Captain (fishing) at least once, not sure what the ORCV charter will cover, but fishing it could be entirely different to what the charter talks you through. Not saying not to do the ORCV but i would also go with someone experienced fishing it too. You'll be amazed how fast you actually drift in the rip!!!!
On Sunday there were a few tinnies of around 4 metres, including one that had a 15hp on the back.
Well Wolly there's no one stopping u, or those that did it, but there's no way I'd chance the rip in a 4.0 with a 15hp, nor would i recommend it to anyone. When the tide is running you could be drifting up to 8 knots (guess) , and with depth changing from 60m to 15M in an instant waves can appear from nowehere if your timing was wrong.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: The RIP/ PPB heads

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:32 pm

piscateur wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
piscateur wrote:You would want to have a decent boat, and go out with an experienced Captain (fishing) at least once, not sure what the ORCV charter will cover, but fishing it could be entirely different to what the charter talks you through. Not saying not to do the ORCV but i would also go with someone experienced fishing it too. You'll be amazed how fast you actually drift in the rip!!!!
On Sunday there were a few tinnies of around 4 metres, including one that had a 15hp on the back.
Well Wolly there's no one stopping u, or those that did it, but there's no way I'd chance the rip in a 4.0 with a 15hp, nor would i recommend it to anyone. When the tide is running you could be drifting up to 8 knots (guess) , and with depth changing from 60m to 15M in an instant waves can appear from nowehere if your timing was wrong.
Tell that to the guy who was there in the 3m tuff tender solo and in a tiller steer. :(
i seen about 4 craft that i know that my poly can easily outhandle and even then i wouldnt do it.
but then again we were in a 4.8 polycraft and was no problem wat so ever.

Return to “Boating”