which boat is better? (Has crorrect trailcraft add attached) 6mt quintrex or 2002 sports cab trail craft 5.6m?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

which boat is better? (Has crorrect trailcraft add attached) 6mt quintrex or 2002 sports cab trail craft 5.6m?

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 am

hi
have to make a decision on one of these boats and don't know which is better?
both weigh the same or with in 50kg

also which ever-one i choose will be travelling a fair bit, in august will be going to bermagui then from there to brisbaine, separate trips to Portland and each time i take it out locally does about 120km a trip so which is better for towing with aerodynamics?

i had a post up with some quintrex but got the details wrong about the trailcraft.

6.0m quintrex offshore
$30,000.00
150 optimax mercury with 300 odd hours on it
Has 2x Lawrence gps sounders
Deck wash
In built kill tank under floor fuel tank
Good snapper racks with heaps of holders
Safety gear
Spot lights
Am/fm radio
Marine radio
Has plastics with door in it to inclose cabin
Easy boat latch for easy 1 person launching
Travels nice on water heaps of fishing room and high sides
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/moe/moto ... 1134847260

or
trailcraft
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sale/mag ... 1134181092

178 hours on 115hp Johnson motor
All safety gear
Mackay trailer
Lowrance fish finder gps chart plotter
Elite 7 HDI
Excellent boat
Unfortunately just doesn't get used enough
Mechanically sound
Well looked after
2 vinyl seats need to be re covered due to weather it has cracked and perished.
Can always recover yourself or estimated cost to be recovered approx $100

All NEW 7-inch fishfinder/chartplotter with high-bright, LED-backlit display, Hybrid Dual Imaging™ combines Broadband Sounder™ with DownScan Imaging™ technology, built-in GPS antenna and high-definition mapping.

cheers ricki

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: which boat is better? (Has crorrect trailcraft add attached) 6mt quintrex or 2002 sports cab trail craft 5.6m?

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 am

Be handy
Screenshot_2017-01-14-11-36-54.png

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: which boat is better? (Has crorrect trailcraft add attached) 6mt quintrex or 2002 sports cab trail craft 5.6m?

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 am

To drag in the fish

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:18 pm

I believe the ride on the quintrex is supposed to be superior but I've always liked the trailcrafts (nearly bought one). They have a great cabin layout. That Johnson looks like it's the 4 stroke which is just a rebadged Suzuki and is meant to be a top motor. Very fuel efficient too. Even though Johnson doesn't make outboards anymore the parts are interchangeable with the suzukis and plenty of outboard mechs know them well enough. Get the price down a bit more and I'd go for the trailcraft.

efendy

Post by efendy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't have much idea about boats but I saw some imported boats from USA such as seaswirl striper 20 or 23 foot that look very affordable compared to equivalent size Australian boats. what are they missing? resale value?

This one is a walk around. Looks nice to my untrained eyes!
SEASWIRL-STRIPER-2101-WA

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-s ... ss=Premium

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

One of the reasons is a lot of the US boats are overwidth 2.59m.

efendy

Post by efendy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 pm

frozenpod wrote:One of the reasons is a lot of the US boats are overwidth 2.59m.
Yeah, good point mate - that special permit you need for them is a big headache though?

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:30 am

Getting the permit no but the restrictions on when you can tow certainly is.

You would need to check the regs but as an example to go up the coast for a holiday period ie easter people have had to towed the boat up the week before and moor it. Then tow it back the week after.

efendy

Post by efendy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 pm

frozenpod wrote:Getting the permit no but the restrictions on when you can tow certainly is.

You would need to check the regs but as an example to go up the coast for a holiday period ie easter people have had to towed the boat up the week before and moor it. Then tow it back the week after.
That sucks!

Return to “Boating”