Just bought a boat!

bigdan91

Re: Just bought a boat!

Post by bigdan91 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Nice boat mate :cheers: Intresting mix with the inflatable and the spearfishing ;-) be extra careful
A lot of spearos use them as they are easy to get in and out of. I'll have covers for the spear tips for sure haha

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Mattblack wrote:Looks like you can go where ever you like....no ramp-rage for you this summer! (just don't go too far out in Westernport....there are bloody schoolies everywhere http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... toria.html)
ROFL.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:37 pm

bigdan91 wrote:
Brett wrote:It wasn't you putting it together on the Safety Beach foreshore the other day was it? Someone was setting one up very similar.
Nah mate mine only arrived last night. Had any luck at gunna lately? I haven't been back since that time me and the girlfriend saw you a few months ago

Have done a few trips down there with Doug and Carl since then. Got the freezer stocked with baits for the summer, just need to find the time to paddle some baits now. (Maybe I should talk to this guy about this new light weight boat he's got and get him to run baits out).

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:24 am

Nice one mate!

Barnsieboy

Post by Barnsieboy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

Hey mate before buying a fish finder, I have recently found out that they are pretty much useless in shallow water (<3m). The sonar cone emitted from the transducer at a 20 degree angle @ 3m it covers about a 1m diameter circle on the seafloor. Which really isnt much. For shallow water it would be better getting something with sidescan capabilities. If you plan on heading into deeper water then it is worth the investment. But for spearing I reckon it would be perfect.

Regardless you ll be having some fun :-)

Cheers
Barnsie

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:17 pm

I reckon it would make an awesome flounder boat if you can set it up with a small genny and halogen lights on the bow. Be perfect for poling the flats down south PPB at night

Return to “Boating”