Aluminium Boat Modifications - Recommendations

TheGreatestGoat

Aluminium Boat Modifications - Recommendations

Post by TheGreatestGoat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Hey All,

So I've been gradually been getting my boat set up the way I want it. Really happy with it but there are a couple of things still on my list to get done, and I'm looking for some recommendations on a mob who can do a good job for me. It's a Stacer 420 btw.

Boat doesn't have an anchor well. Currently using the set-up which came with the boat which is anchor stored in a bin which is strapped to the side of the boat and located behind the drivers seat. I can't say I'm a fan of this set-up. I'm hoping to get some sort of box welded to the bow so the anchor can be used from the front of the boat. Possibly even a small electric winch setup allowing me to anchor more easily and accurately.

The second is some custom snapper racks welded to the back and gunnels. Currently using the removable sets of three which are serviceable and fine for the moment, but I find they sit far too close to the water and also aren't spread out enough so getting a lot of tanlges.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of someone who might be able to help me out with these modifications that would be great.

Thanks,
Goat

Feathor

Re: Aluminium Boat Modifications - Recommendations

Post by Feathor » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 pm

G'day Goat,
I have just had some work done myself after doing quite a bit of research.
Aluminium canopy, snapper racks, rod holders all in aluminium. Also had a lone star winch installed but I already had the well there.
All the work done is at a high level, and the end result is great. It did run 4 and a half weeks over due time and the communication was really poor.
I told them and provided photos of what I wanted done so I thought it was pretty straight forward but they decided to do some things their own way which I wasn't happy about and got them to change it.
They were reasonably priced , end result was good. They are aluminium boat builders situated 1and a half hours from the city.
I rang around a lot, they are hard to find.
If you want thecontact send me a private message and I will pass it on,
Good luck

Return to “Boating”