Has liked: 13 times

Re: Banged up propeller photos

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:58 am

Hammy Y wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
I had to read this a few times, just to clarify, he jumped off a moving boat, and had his foot almost amputated by the propeller.

Yeah from what im told someone was driving the boat (A ski boat) and about 5 guys jumped off the back into the water while it was moving (boat was travelling at a considerable speed im told) and his foot mustve been sucked in and then hit by the prop. Pretty Gore-y
Cheers,
Ham
In the 1970's two girls were swimming at Burrinjuck dam when they were run over by a ski boat, one girl died.
Gee you have to wonder how that happens..
Swimmers are really hard to see in the water. I was trolling in PPB and saw some bits of splashing, that turned out to be swimmers, even thought I knew that they were there, they were still hard to keep track off.

Snorklers are worse, their black wetsuits are impossible to see, until you see something raise in the air as they dive, which happens to be their fins,

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:34 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:

Yeah from what im told someone was driving the boat (A ski boat) and about 5 guys jumped off the back into the water while it was moving (boat was travelling at a considerable speed im told) and his foot mustve been sucked in and then hit by the prop. Pretty Gore-y
Cheers,
Ham
In the 1970's two girls were swimming at Burrinjuck dam when they were run over by a ski boat, one girl died.
Swimmers are really hard to see in the water. I was trolling in PPB and saw some bits of splashing, that turned out to be swimmers, even thought I knew that they were there, they were still hard to keep track off.

Snorklers are worse, their black wetsuits are impossible to see, until you see something raise in the air as they dive, which happens to be their fins,
Yeah, how far out were you?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Hammy Y wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:

Cheers,
Ham

Yeah, how far out were you?
I was trolling along the 5 knot marker poles. So maybe 200 metres from shore

Return to “Boating”