barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: I bought a boat

Post by barra mick » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
chris seafarer wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Had a few lessons today, took it out plus also got taught about driving it on the trailer.

Definitely need more practise.
It gets easier. ... go late at night to carrum ..no pressure..
We planned a gummy fish tonight, off hastings, almost out of the channel and there is a little red light flashing, that happens to be the oil light, so turn around had head gingerly back to the the ramp.

Got on the trailer first go at night.

We checked the oil level and it was fine, so don't know what the issue is?

It is go to the dealer on Monday.
does it have the digital gauges??
No normal ones
what size engine?
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:13 pm

barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
chris seafarer wrote:
It gets easier. ... go late at night to carrum ..no pressure..
We planned a gummy fish tonight, off hastings, almost out of the channel and there is a little red light flashing, that happens to be the oil light, so turn around had head gingerly back to the the ramp.

No normal ones
what size engine?
140 suzuki 4 stroke

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:25 pm

could it possibly be a service reminder light??
some engines have them, its only a guess at my end
did you end up doing a service on it, from your first post?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

No normal ones
what size engine?
140 suzuki 4 stroke
should fly along nicely with that engine
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:56 pm

purple5ive wrote:could it possibly be a service reminder light??
It finally had it's first service, 2 years after it was purchased, and it had 20hours and 48 minutes on the clock. He said the next service in a 12 months or 100 hours, I said see you at Christmas time. :o_0: :rofl:

mr plow

Post by mr plow » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:08 pm

who did u get to service it? might pay to check that the water in fuel alarm fault has been rectified. computer needs replacing or reprogramed at suzuki hq

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
It finally had it's first service, 2 years after it was purchased, and it had 20hours and 48 minutes on the clock. He said the next service in a 12 months or 100 hours, I said see you at Christmas time. :o_0: :rofl:
With Honda engines our dealers have software called Doctor H, this is used by authorized dealers to generate a history of the engine operation, information such as how many times it may have over heated, how long wide open throttle was used and how man times it was fanged, engine hours, trolling hours under determined RPM, service intervals done, and a host of other things, a print out can be done at the end of the session, your Suzuki will have a similar program Suzuki dealers use, it only takes minutes for a report to be generated, well worth asking for next time your at a Suzy dealer... also ask the dealer to ring Suzy head office and request they check your engine number if all reworks have been done, dealers don't know or can't be stuffed looking it up, Suzy head office will.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 pm

hornet wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
With Honda engines our dealers have software called Doctor H, this is used by authorized dealers to generate a history of the engine operation, information such as how many times it may have over heated, how long wide open throttle was used and how man times it was fanged, engine hours, trolling hours under determined RPM, service intervals done, and a host of other things, a print out can be done at the end of the session, your Suzuki will have a similar program Suzuki dealers use, it only takes minutes for a report to be generated, well worth asking for next time your at a Suzy dealer... also ask the dealer to ring Suzy head office and request they check your engine number if all reworks have been done, dealers don't know or can't be stuffed looking it up, Suzy head office will.
I got the engine service with the mob who put it on, I have to fork out $110 to transfer the warranty.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
hornet wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
I got the engine service with the mob who put it on, I have to fork out $110 to transfer the warranty.
You have to pay ? Honda does not charge to transfer the balance of warranty to the new owner, all it takes is an email from the authorized dealer.
In your case who gets the $110 the dealer your dealing with ? or Suzuki ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 pm

suzuki

Return to “Boating”