Seajay vs Quintrex vs Stacer??

Davidsch1

Re: Seajay vs Quintrex vs Stacer??

Post by Davidsch1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:45 pm

barra mick wrote:From my experience the sea jay would be my last choice.and only if I had nothing else

I dont say this without experience.

The trident you put up is is a great boat and I Iived and fished in one for 9 days last year through the kimberly.it was fine in the creeks (but not the best for flicking lures)

It was great when you left the rivers and hit the ocean

Its not the best fishing boat but its good for off shore ...great for snapper in the bay ect and trolling for kingies ect

The yellowfin is a ripper for fishing and a few blokes can fish in it easy.....casting lures or bottom bashing

I drove one two years ago through 35 knots winds, over 90kms with a 200 yammy and it did it well....well we got home safe so thats a good test

My advice is that you will never find the perfect boat...just find the one that best suits how you fish

cheers bm
To be honest, we aren't big at all on freshwater/river fishing.

We mostly (as in 99.5%) go offshore fishing, its where our passion lies. So from what you are saying then, it would probably be quite good, as it sounds like it is more suited to ocean/offshore fishing than rivers??

We have been considering knocking the Tridents off the list for the moment, as they are right at the top of the price range, and that doesn't leave much room for customization with fishfinders and accessories.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Seajay vs Quintrex vs Stacer??

Post by skronkman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 am

I hate to throw this into your already hard to choose from list but have you looked at the mcLay boats? I first saw them this year and thought they were the best of the range. They have them at Warragul marine. They seemed to be priced pretty well too.
http://www.mclayboats.co.nz/

I dont have any personal experience with any of the boats.

Return to “Boating”