advice for first boat.

chris srsc

Re: advice for first boat.

Post by chris srsc » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Scraglor wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Scraglor wrote:
barra mick wrote:And alot depends on how much you use it

Lots of blokes be lucky to fish 10 times a year....not worth the effort off a new boat

Big gav would use it a fair bit so need something reliable and purpose built
Hehe yeah. What gets me is that it seems to best boats I see on the ramp are owned by people that never use them. I frequently launch next to people in giant Haines hunters, etc, who I have to help them launch, while I launch my tinny in a quarter of the time on my own, then when I get back in they haven't caught anything and me and the old diggers in dinged up old soup cans have bagged out.
that true mate

Lots of flashy boats on the ramps hardly get used and the owners forget how to launch them.

what Ive been most amazed abt is the people who dont or most probably cant drive there boat onto the trailor, walk up the front and attach the winich, stop the motor and get out and drive up the ramp

Its a 2 min job next to a 15 min job
Haha yeah. I reckon 2 minutes is even excessive. With two people, one can drop the trailer in, the other drive the boat on, latch up, away u go. I'd love to make a sport of it. Helps if you have done it almost every weekend for the last 15 years I suppose.

i do that own my own... have to tie up to jetty to get car, drive boat on, hop out drive off.. never wet my feet either ... two people would be great to L&R, but it can be done very quick with just one...

and in saying that..

not every launch and retrieve are the same.. you have to adjust to the conditions..

one time at tooradin, coming home, was few meters to the ramp, wind blowin sideways pretty hard, boat comes up from behind and i say " you should go infront as theres more of you, im on my own" thinking one bring trailer in while other drives on...well.. this p**** in his flashy 7meter tin boat, says thanks mate and we will give you a hand to put your little boat on the trailer,
that made me laugh and i went to other side of ramp..
by the time i put my boat on trailer and drove to top of the ramp, they were all there trying to PUSH his boat off the trailer as he drove it up between the centre rollers and got stuck......

i did ask if he needed a hand ;-)
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Should we get a 'Stories from the boat ramp' thread up and running for snapper season? Could be good for bit of a laugh.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:34 pm

4liters wrote:Should we get a 'Stories from the boat ramp' thread up and running for snapper season? Could be good for bit of a laugh.
Yes, yes we should

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Doesn't sound like a bad idea :thumbsup:

Return to “Boating”