Which Yamaha outboard

ratbag

Re: Which Yamaha outboard

Post by ratbag » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:24 pm

no worries, for the record I run a 60hp 4st sammie on my tinny, very happy with it - so I appreciate your choice.

just suggested an option given the investment your making & Frozenpods comments.
quid est quod eum

skye

Post by skye » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Any good Jap outboard these days are reliable, in fact all major brands are definitely stepped up their game I feel. Reliability is key for me too and I wouldn't hesitate to have a Yammy although I am a Suzuki man. I'm sure Inverloch marine would have a 650 for water test in the next couple of months and hopefully they wack a 200hp on it for you to have a drive with it. ;)

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:22 pm

skye wrote:Any good Jap outboard these days are reliable, in fact all major brands are definitely stepped up their game I feel. Reliability is key for me too and I wouldn't hesitate to have a Yammy although I am a Suzuki man. I'm sure Inverloch marine would have a 650 for water test in the next couple of months and hopefully they wack a 200hp on it for you to have a drive with it. ;)
For the price I expect nothing less ;-)

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 am

There's no replacement for displacement Scott. Old saying, but it seems to apply no matter what the situation. I'd go the 6 for that little more low end punch

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:29 am

cobby wrote:There's no replacement for displacement Scott. Old saying, but it seems to apply no matter what the situation. I'd go the 6 for that little more low end punch
I'd certainly be pleased if it performs like the 225. I'm going to have to get a test drive with one on the back to find out though. Exciting stuff!

skye

Post by skye » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am

scott__henning wrote:
skye wrote:Any good Jap outboard these days are reliable, in fact all major brands are definitely stepped up their game I feel. Reliability is key for me too and I wouldn't hesitate to have a Yammy although I am a Suzuki man. I'm sure Inverloch marine would have a 650 for water test in the next couple of months and hopefully they wack a 200hp on it for you to have a drive with it. ;)
For the price I expect nothing less ;-)
Whatever you end up choosing, I'm sure you'll still enjoy it. My boat isn't the quickest (35 knots max) and I wish I went the 150 over the 140 but at the end of the day it still allows me to do what I want to do and do it comfortably. :)

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 pm

The main brands are all good these days.

It is about matching the motor to the hull.

Return to “Boating”