stolen tandem trailer

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Re: stolen tandem trailer

Post by Trumpeter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm

There's no way I'd leave my trailer at a ramp without at least a trailer lock. One night after coming back in at the Warmies ramp, I noticed a dubious fellow trying to take a trailer off a car and after he spotted us watching he panicked a little and yelled out it was his, then vanished. My mate rang the cops and they grilled him like he was the perpetrator so he told them with a large amount of sarcasm that he was very sorry for bothering them and hung up.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Thats my biggest fear having my trailer nicked I have the tow hitch lock. the tow ball lock and a wheel clamp. Scum that nick trailers should be keel hauled then drowned

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:07 am

Nude up wrote:Thats my biggest fear having my trailer nicked I have the tow hitch lock. the tow ball lock and a wheel clamp. Scum that nick trailers should be keel hauled then drowned
To much effort. Just cut their heads off and leave them for the rats. Thieving junkies don't deserve to live

Hope there's some news on the trailer. But if it's anything like what's happened to mates this year so far, cops don't want to know about it and will do everything to avoid doing the work they're supposed to do.....
Until you go 5km/h over the speed limit

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 am

Very sorry to hear man. Unfortunately like people have said all locks can be broken and all chains can be cut. All is going to do is slow them down enough that they'll maybe pick an easier target. Insurance is the only peace of mind.

Fishomicko

Post by Fishomicko » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 am

I'm always worried that that might happen to me.what really worries is if they come back to take my boat after I have no way to get it out of the water there was a car on blocks down where I launch the other week someone had taken its wheels doesn't give me much peace of mind

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:33 am

IMG_20160323_113603.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Alot of ramps have camera set ups
...have you tried to find if theres one there...

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Fishomicko wrote:I'm always worried that that might happen to me.what really worries is if they come back to take my boat after I have no way to get it out of the water there was a car on blocks down where I launch the other week someone had taken its wheels doesn't give me much peace of mind
It worries me too but if you worry too much you will never be able to launch your boat.

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Over summer, someone has been walking the McLoughlins beach carpark and leaving the trailer hitch up on vehicles, would be bl00dy tragic to see a boat on a trailer being pulled up a ramp and unhitch from the vehicle or worse still unhitch down the road at 100kmh. Worth using a lock on the hitch!
Last edited by ratbag on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quid est quod eum

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 pm

ratbag wrote:Over sumer, someone has been walking the McLoughlins beach carpark and leaving the trailer hitch up on vehicles, would be bl00dy tragic to see a boat on a trailer being pulled up a ramp and unhitch from the vehicle or worse still unhitch down the road at 100kmh. Worth using a lock on the hitch!
What a F ucking Ar$ehole :down:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Boating”