Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:30 pm

good news collin, lets hope for a better outcome this time
cheers

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: re design cuddy area

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Cheers. God ! lets hope so !!!!
Wont have an issue with this new crowd, I actually got them to check the boat over when I re possessed it back in August last year, to make sure it was ok to tow back home, So they new the story and actually had other customers come to them with similar issues from the bloke ! That's what really fired me up. After hearing all the bull **** and history from neighbouring buisnesess when I repossessed the boat, then to hear similar issues about the same bloke from this crowd who is 20 minute drive away, confirmed it wasn't just here say or a one off.
Anyways, I'll be real happy when its back home in the factory and I'm actually getting into the fit out..........
cheers
C

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

I have found that if you drill through the aluminium and Perspex/acrylic to attach it or fit a press stud for a travel cover unless the Perspex/acrylic hole is larger than the hole through the aluminium frame the perspex/acrylic will eventually crack at the screw due to differences in expansion.
Years ago I installed acrylic windows in aircraft they had a rubber bush to combat this.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi Nude, yep, that's what happened in my situation, but the routed grove in the acrylic stopped it from pulling out.
but one thing I must point out here,,, Perspex, is a type of acrylic, it will break, crack and can indeed break and come out and actually cut you.
Now, polycarbonate, is basically the rolls Royce of acrylics and is the only acrylic used in automotive and I believe marine.
Think of perpex as a single weave one directional acrylic which as mentioned, breaks and cracks
Polycarbonate, basically think of it as a cross weave in its manufacturing process, which makes it near unbreakable, it can be safely drilled, and wont crack and fly in and cut you.
I used to fit perpex temporarily during my apprentiship in car doors while waiting for a replacement glass to arrive, that was then out lawed in the 80's and polycarbonate was the only acrylic allowed to be used, but never in the front windscreen.
So as you said, that most boat windscreen set ups, have the cover and bimini holes drilled thru the windscreen frame, and cracking the Perspex, that's why Polycarbonate should be the only product used..........

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Cheers. God ! lets hope so !!!!
Wont have an issue with this new crowd, I actually got them to check the boat over when I re possessed it back in August last year, to make sure it was ok to tow back home, So they new the story and actually had other customers come to them with similar issues from the bloke ! That's what really fired me up. After hearing all the bull sh*t and history from neighbouring buisnesess when I repossessed the boat, then to hear similar issues about the same bloke from this crowd who is 20 minute drive away, confirmed it wasn't just here say or a one off.
Anyways, I'll be real happy when its back home in the factory and I'm actually getting into the fit out..........
cheers
C
Glad you finally got all your money back mate people like described really shouldn't be allowed to stay operational word of mouth goes a long way mind you. Hope your on the water sooner rather than later.

Looking at getting a dash upgrade and storage seat box's installed in my boat later this year got someone in mind need to find some good storage seat box's first have called Evo Boats they sell them so will check them out.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Their's a crowd called Ram seat boxes, they are on ebay and are in mordiallic from memory, I've been looking at theirs. I like their fixing method, rather than just screw the box down, they have a floor plate with raised edges, which gets screwed down then the box slips on over it.
I'll wait till the boat comes back and then measure up for which size to get.
My dash is getting everything filled in, so I can start again ! fun fun fun ahead.......
C

KenR

Post by KenR » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Col,

Glad to hear that you have your base payment back.

It certainly doesn't make up for the grey hairs and headaches etc in the interim.

I still think that he should be named and shamed which might avoid the same problems for others in the future.

Ken

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Their's a crowd called Ram seat boxes, they are on ebay and are in mordiallic from memory, I've been looking at theirs. I like their fixing method, rather than just screw the box down, they have a floor plate with raised edges, which gets screwed down then the box slips on over it.
I'll wait till the boat comes back and then measure up for which size to get.
My dash is getting everything filled in, so I can start again ! fun fun fun ahead.......
C
Thanks for the info mate. Cant wait to see the pics of your dash.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 pm

http://ramfg.com.au

These guys look pretty good thanks heaps Lab

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Yep, that's them.
watch their video link on how they fit them, its an interesting watch.
Their prices are pretty much like everyone else's, so I too will go down and see them when the boats back....
If you go down their before I do, put a post up here on how you got on..........

Return to “Boating”