re design cuddy area

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: re design cuddy area

Post by 4liters » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:23 pm

That really sucks, hopefully it goes ok from here.

Check out consumer affairs, you might find some info there that helps you work out your next steps: https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/shoppin ... nd-returns
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Yep, I'm too trusting ! "the computers down, give me your email address, I'll send a receipt tonight, plus that's where I'll send all the progress
Photo's, I'll basically be sending you a library of photo's " Yes, being where this business is located under a marina umbrella, so to speak, I was hook line and sinkered, right from the beginning. I'm embarrassed of the fact ! A man's word and handshake is how I've operated all my life, Maybe I've not come up against such a seasoned professional con man !

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:41 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Yep, I'm too trusting ! "the computers down, give me your email address, I'll send a receipt tonight, plus that's where I'll send all the progress
Photo's, I'll basically be sending you a library of photo's " Yes, being where this business is located under a marina umbrella, so to speak, I was hook line and sinkered, right from the beginning. I'm embarrassed of the fact ! A man's word and handshake is how I've operated all my life, Maybe I've not come up against such a seasoned professional con man !
How did things go today mate did you finally get the boat back??

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:07 pm

When I was a tad younger, and playing rugby back home, I was the smallest bloke on the field, I used to be given a hard time because I would physically be on one knee and dry reaching before the ref blew the whistle to start the game..........
After a confirmation phone call to the local coppa shop, informing them I had a text saying my boat would be left outside the fenced area of his workshop, I was given the UNOFFICIAL advice, that if he wasn't there, permission was effectively given to pick up the boat !!! but make sure you replace the padlock. interesting !
So, 2 or 3 km from the " said place" I had to stop the vehicle and on one knee I was reliving my rugby days ! Jesus, what lay ahead I didn't know.
I arrived and there she was, parked outside the fence !!! but he was no where to be seen, he said he wanted to have a chat and a coffee and clear the air, Yeah right !!
The neighbouring businesses, true to their word, came over and basically rode shot gun for me and stayed with me and even walked me out of the marina premises, after a decent length chat. I drove to a neighbouring town where I drove into another fibre glass company and asked if they could help me do a quick check, help drain out the excess water, basically check out whether it would be safe to tow back and whether there was any obvious water damage. I'd travelled about 10 km, the wheel bearings were luke warm, so that was good.
Obviously the question was asked and they pretty well guessed where I'd come from, they new both fibre glassers on site there, They basically pointed out a boat in there yard, covered over and being stored until the guy can save up enough money for them to do work on it,,,, You guessed it, $4500 of deposit money wasn't given back to him and they named the same bloke !! this guy is a mongrel !
I needed confirmation of some type that he had indeed received my deposit, he was no where to be found at the marina, but he would reply to me via text. He turns out to be not that smart, I texted him asking when I can receive my deposit of 3k as the new guy needs a deposit from me so as he can start, he replied, it will take me 2 weeks to get the 3k out of trust, and for all your problems that have occurred, I'm going to give you one of those seat box live bait tanks I'm making up as well. GOT YA. I replied thanks, but my boat is now under cover and as long as I get my deposit I'm a happy camper.
I don't expect to get any money, but at least I have some admissible evidence to the fact he received it.
My boat is safely back in my factory, its heart breaking, it a friggen mess inside, I'll do the big clean up on the weekend, Just really happy to have it back home.
I still cant name and shame, I have to wait for that 2 weeks to at least give him that opportunity to front up with the money, I think I've been the only one that has put the ***** up him and he knows I wont back off, so who knows. So if he does come through, cant see anything wrong if I put a blog up and basically diarise my experience ?
I just cant let anyone else go through what I have, and there's 5 more boats full of water and in a sad state in the compound where mine was !
Thanks for listening and the kind messages of support........
I will never be caught like this again, never..........
kindest regards
colin

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Must be huge relief to get the boat back...
Well done.. :thumbsup:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Nice work...got the boat back for snapper season

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Well done mate :thumbsup: good timing too :P

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:56 pm

So glad you got your boat back & without any nastyness.
I doubt he will give you back your deposit without a fight (hope I'm wrong).
Don't forget to check if he's a member of any association. pm me his details, if you want me to investigate him.
The new fibreglasser will need to be a saint, to get your boat.
Good luck for the future restoration of the boat.

Cheers
Gra

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Glad to read you got your boat back.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Thanks guys, it wasn't a nice day, but I slept well last nite :thumbsup:
I think it will be more like next snapper season now !
I still have faith in people, I'll just dot the eyes and cross the T's from here on in..........
After a recommendation ( from here) I contacted another fibre glasser and had a great chat, turned out we fished the same comp up at Eden a few years back and he knows people I know ! small world. He offered me some great advice, I'm sending some pictures through to him this weekend and he will be able to work out a pretty good estimate from those.
Basically, the way I strapped it to deliver it to the last clown, should have held and supported the hull while it became a swimming pool. I've just got to get in there this weekend and soak up every bit of the last of the water. Apparantly, the way they layed up the fibre glass in the older hulls, the fibro weave is all exposed and in some areas lifting a bit on the bottom of the hull ( inside ) so the only issue will be water sitting underneath that, which will cause an issue once laying up new stuff, so firstly I'll mop up any water left in all the crevaces, then try to completely dry everything out. It may be a case of having to grind down past all the loose weave making sure no water is trapped at all, then just re layer new stuff.
The refund, I honestly don't know, I may have put a fair bit more heat on the bloke than others have and I think he now realises that if pushed I will dig my toes in and wont give up, but I just have to wait that two weeks and see what eventuates. I've had a lot of offers from all sorts of people that if he doesn't refund, they'll ensure he's unable to fibre glass again :a_goodjob: , I of course have declined such offers.... thus far........
I'm starting to get to the involved part of my rebuild on a 75 triumph Bonneville, which I'd like to concentrate on, I've got billet Conrods and other parts arriving from the states soon, so realistically I'm going to finish that off and look at early in the new year on getting started on the boat again.
Its just been a giant speed hump ! The boats a keeper and will be my last, so a little longer before I'm wetting a bait doesn't concern me, I know what I'll have at the end of it.

colin

Return to “Boating”