re design cuddy area

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: re design cuddy area

Post by frozenpod » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Image
Anyway, to change the topic to a more lighter subject, or to really forget my upcoming battle over the boat.
One of the many projects or things I tinker with, A penn senator 4/0 13h vintage, ready for anything you want to throw at it.
upgraded with all stainless internals, Tiburon one piece, doing away with the old posts and of course new drags.
This is the 3rd one I've upgraded, including a 6/0, which has already proved itself on blue fin.
basically a $60 40 year old classic reel, with about $250 of upgrades, which will handle what ever you throw at it..........
:a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob:

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Man that sucks.

Good luck getting the boat back.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Cheers frozenpod, A lot happened today, most of it making my blood boil !
The most interesting fact I learnt today was, any service provider ( and I'm actually one) can hold anyone's property, whether they be in the right, or the wrong, until such time as THEY decide to release the said property, or a court order gives you access to reclaim it. This is a Civil issue, and if the said party decided to just hold the property, just because he wanted to, there aint jack sh@t any body can do without breaking the law, even though, no work has been carried out on my property, and the service provider actually owes you money, ie deposit refund, the owner has zero rights of reclaim unless the service provider agrees or a court order is issued.
I actually pre booked an arrest today with the local police station, as up until that time, my only way of quickly reclaiming my boat was through cutting the padlock and hitching my boat up and driving off, obviously straight down to the closest police station !!! The actual marina owner was a complete waste of time and help, and even said he would be the one that rings the cop's if I attempt to take the boat, even after offering up witnesses and photo's and evidence of my situation. In fact, he said " tough luck pal" I don't get involved and couldn't give a fu@@.
So, at 3.30pm today I received a phone call, saying that my boat will be parked outside the lock up area of the fibre glasser within the marina, and ready for pick up between 9.00 am and 10.00 am tomorrow morning !
I hope its their and I can quickly see if its road worthy and just get the hell off the marina and get the boat back to my factory.
The deposit, well, of course, its in trust and a bank chq needs to be drawn up blah blah blah
I wont say its over with, until I have it hitched up and in 5th gear in the 4 wheel drive. The deposit, I'll go through the motions with it, but realistically never expect to see a penny. Insurance has insisted to get an appraisal just to make sure all the water hasn't damaged anything, which I'll worry about once its back on my property ! Geeez, sort of makes me very untrusting of things now !
I'll hopefully get it back tomorrow, then I'll check out any liability issues, or run them by the mod's here, cause people need to be warned about this whole operation, I don't want anyone to go through what I have.
Apologies for all the venting of my frustration !
Should have been a thread on a boat rebuild, not untrustworthy marine facilities !

C

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Mate you have every right to vent especially knowing the marina owner is a useless pr#ck as well. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow and you get the boat back without too much damage bud and you can put this sorry mess behind you. Just a word of warning mate DO NOT go down there to pick up the boat on your own just in case there is trouble.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks Marty, Unfortunately, the only mate available during the week to take, I simply cant, He's fuming about this, maybe more than me and I know I wouldn't be able to control him. One of the other businesses who were present when I jumped the fence Saturday, and I spent an hour talking too, I rang them back today and let them know the situation, They have said for me too call into their shop and they will come with me and ride shotgun, so to speak, and even help me hitch up, another has offered to help inspect the boat before I take off, for any " abnormalities", shall we say. I've rung back to the local police station and they have given me a contact, closer to the marina, for me to ring once its hitched and clear of his gates, if trouble erupts, so even though I'm still within the marina premises, I'm legally covered, or " in the right " And, I shall have some personal protection under the seat.
Sad state of affairs really, makes me feel like the criminal !
But, he has arranged for me to get access, even commenting that if he cant be there when I pick it up, he will pull it out of the fenced enclosure and park it outside the fenced area for me, He said he doesn't want any trouble ! So on all accounts, the situation has got to hot for him and he wants me to take the boat as well. So, cross fingers, it shall go without a hitch ( famous last words ) LOL
cheers marty
C

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Mate I really hope all goes well for you tomorrow and you get the boat back. You should be commended for having the patience and tolerance of such an a******* and hopefully your boat will be seaworthy again soon. :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Good luck tomorrow mate! All the best! :thumbsup:

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:20 am

Good luck.

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Post by cahoona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:55 am

hope all goes well picking the boat up

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:04 am

blacklab99 wrote:Cheers marty.
I must admit, the business next door saw me scale the fence, with base ball bat in hand it was a bit of a red faced moment ! but they were cool about it and have had numerous people turn up and take their boats back. Don't know what the out come will be, I'm not concerned about the 3 k deposit at the minute, but after speaking with club marine, I may not have an insurance claim approved if either further damage or indeed structural damage has occurred with it weathering outside and knee deep of water and mould inside the boat, that would come under his insurance, which I don't know if he even has.
He's caught wind of what's happening and he's just texted me pleading for another chance and promising to have it finished in 3 weeks !
How can I even trust a cowboy like that and how could I even be sure of hidden stringer and transom work was done properly.
I've replied for him to not ouch the boat, leave it where it is, until he is contacted by either myself or the marina management. I am legally liable entering the marina and self repossessing my property unless a representative is present or the police with a court warrant ! the marina manager/owner is away till Monday, in the mean time if the guy gets annoyed and takes it out on my boat, again, I may not be covered by insurance because any such action would be under his insurance claim ! im caught between a rock and a hard place till sometime Monday.
I had the bolt cutters with me to get the 10 foot fence open, but there were 3 other boats blocking mine and I didn't want to be liable if I attempted to shift someone else's boat and damage occurred.
insurance have said to get it out as quick as possible, get it to another fibre glasser for a written assessment, then an insurance assessor will be sent out to look at the boat, its whether or not they decide to accept any claim, or put their recovery team on to the case to go the guy.
Hopefully, there's no extra damage, but my gunnel shelves are swelling, there's black mould through out and all over the switch gear for the anchor winch etc etc plus I've no idea what if any damage would be done with the actual boat sitting with a hull full of water with no floor or stringers in.
geeez.....!!!!!!

cheers
colin

So you handed over 3 grand cash without a any type of receipt or proof ????

Your to trusting!

Hope it goes well today.

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Boating”