re design cuddy area

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: re design cuddy area

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 pm

Just a wee update............
The two weeks it was to take for the deposit refund to be made available (via trust, yeah right )came around yesterday
Duly, a message was sent requesting how he would like to complete the transaction !
Surprise Surprise ... no response, second message sent with a more urgent tone 1/2 hour ago, followed by a call which went to message bank, with a suitable, politically correct request for a reply.
Oh how I was kidding myself that such a transaction was going to take place !
Being such a patient trusting bloke, as I am, Friday is my intended deadline, Then, literally the Proverbial will hit the pan !
There just comes a time when the average punter has to make a stand, draw that line in the sand and go, NO, you Ain't getting away with this !
Those of us that delve into boat ownership for recreational " relief " know how much of a money pit we've got ourselves into, We don't need the assistance of rogue traders lightening our pockets even further !
As previously mentioned, fortunately for me, 3k wont send me to the bread line, but I'm picking that could financially devastate many that are already struggling with an already expensive recreational activity such as boat ownership ! So along with the fact I'm a stubborn O'l fart !
The fun is about to start...............
As always, for those that are interested, I shall dutifully keep everyone updated........

C

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:00 pm

Go get em mate.
As a boat owner myself things add up so quickly that's its scary. Many don't realise whats involved in owning a boat until they get one.
I hope you can get back alteast part of your payment. If not full. And hope the boat gets done quickly this time around

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:09 pm

blacklab99 wrote:Just a wee update............
The two weeks it was to take for the deposit refund to be made available (via trust, yeah right )came around yesterday
Duly, a message was sent requesting how he would like to complete the transaction !
Surprise Surprise ... no response, second message sent with a more urgent tone 1/2 hour ago, followed by a call which went to message bank, with a suitable, politically correct request for a reply.
Being such a patient trusting bloke, as I am, Friday is my intended deadline, Then, literally the Proverbial will hit the pan !
There just comes a time when the average punter has to make a stand, draw that line in the sand and go, NO, you Ain't getting away with this !
Those of us that delve into boat ownership for recreational " relief " know how much of a money pit we've got ourselves into, We don't need the assistance of rogue traders lightening our pockets even further !
As previously mentioned, fortunately for me, 3k wont send me to the bread line, but I'm picking that could financially devastate many that are already struggling with an already expensive recreational activity such as boat ownership ! So along with the fact I'm a stubborn O'l fart !
As always, for those that are interested, I shall dutifully keep everyone updated........

C
now your not getting your deposit back name the a******* so other battlers dont get caught in the trap

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 pm

barra mick wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:Just a wee update............

C
now your not getting your deposit back name the a******* so other battlers dont get caught in the trap

Bm
The suspense for a name is killing me

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 pm

I'd love too guys, trust me, but not quite at the minute. I have privately " advised" a couple of blokes on here that have contacted me, with a yes or no on being asked " is it safe to take it to this guy" But this is still playing out and I would have to run anything by the moderators first.....
BUT, there has been a development, either he reacted to my messages or my phone message, or perhaps he even is a silent member on here, as I received a text with an apology an hour or so ago, with a message that read, I apologise for not calling you today, I will have that over to you mid to end of next week, please send address" unquote, obviously I wont give out my home address, so I've asked him to message me when the monies is ready and I will forward bank details or a postal then.
This is another delay or broken promise, but I will wait till mid to end of next week and see what plays out......
BM, That is exactly what I want to do, believe me ! I don't want anyone to go through this, so until then I'm happy if anyone is contemplating fibre glass work on there boat, lets say, south of Dandenong, message me ( and I apologise to all other legitimate fibre glass shops if this in any way smears or puts doubt on there operation) and I will make sure you don't end up taking your pride and joy to this clown.
I saw how a bloke was legally vilified from a major manufacturer on a fishing forum a few years back for being honest and naming and shaming, with actual photo's of undisputable poor workmanship and was legally slammed in the process, so I'm going to do this right, but have a decent crack at getting my 3k back first.
hope all understand.......

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Just keep nagging the crap out of him, he may break eventually and cough up.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 am

How's the boat & your $3,000 going ???

Cheers
Gra

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi Texas,
A repayment plan was offered up, which I accepted, with the guarantee of 1k to be deposited into my account the next day.
Two days later, $500 was deposited.... that was two weeks ago this Friday. There is nothing that comes out of this guys mouth that resembles any form of truth what so ever ! He cant touch the "trust" where all deposits go, as the tax department will come down on him for child support ?
Go figure how the two are related, then there's the sister, who's in charge of the trust, who is one of the heads of Australia's defence department !!!
It dead set is beyond belief ! astonishing in fact.
At least its a start, however, I think there's going to be continuous reminder phone calls along the way, if that's what it takes, then I'll play that game in order to at least get my money back.
The boat is quietly sitting in my factory, slowly drying out. I'm getting a guy, who was recommended on here to me, to come in and check it all out and give me a quote. He's unable to do anything till the new year, which suits me and gives me time to finish off my other outstanding projects.
So, snapper season 2017 by the looks, which doesn't phase me, I just want it done properly.
cheers
colin

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Well, for anyone interested in the ongoing saga !
After managing to get only $500 refunded over the last 2 months, with countless promises of a full refund being only days away, he no longer returns my calls or text messages !! surprise surprise huh.
Originally, he stated all deposits go into a SPECIAL trust fund, which is administrated by his sister, who amazingly is head of Australian defence forces !!!!!! but withdrawls can only be made at the end of each month !!!!!
Ahh, enough of this, time to see just how many teeth the consumer affairs really has
Final warning went to him via text, as he wont answer any phone calls, but I suspect he's on some secret mission with the Australian government !
Application to consumer affairs gets sent off tomorrow, so lets see how long, effective, or indeed if a result can be obtained.
As previously mentioned, the monies owed isn't really my issue, but stopping this lying rogue trader is now my number one priority in life ! sad really. A lot has been found out about him over the last couple of months, but it seems most don't follow it up with the official channels, strange that, or maybe theirs a privacy policy on previous history ? dunno.
Anyway, I'll post up info as it happens, hopefully the wheels don't gather to much moss during the process........
never done this before, never the need, you sort things out face to face I thought, always worked in the past, but never crossed paths with someone like this ! its been an experience and theres more to come lol

cheers
Last edited by blacklab99 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 pm

time for a bit of name and shame?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Boating”