Quintrex vs stacer

Blue vlt

Quintrex vs stacer

Post by Blue vlt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Hey guys looking for some info in regards to buying a new boat. I am tossing up between the

Quintrex 490 renegade side console or the
Stacer 489 side console.

It will mainly be a freshwater boat chasing cod yellowbelly and trout. Anyone that can give me some feedback and experiences especially if you own either would be much appreciated.

Thanks Brendan

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Quintrex vs stacer

Post by barra mick » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Blue vlt wrote:Hey guys looking for some info in regards to buying a new boat. I am tossing up between the

Quintrex 490 renegade side console or the
Stacer 489 side console.

It will mainly be a freshwater boat chasing cod yellowbelly and trout. Anyone that can give me some feedback and experiences especially if you own either would be much appreciated.

Thanks Brendan
my mate has a renegade and ive fished in it a fair bit.its a nice stable boat,he never sees the salt so i can only talk abt its ability on lakes like dart and eldion and rivers like the goulburn and murry.....

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Growlermz

Post by Growlermz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:30 am

Hey Blue, I had a similar question up a little while ago when looking at buying a 420 renegade.
I was advised that the renegade has a "crappy tin hull" and to look at other options (I want one for predominantly fresh water with possibly 3-5 trips a year in the salt)

someone posted to look at the polycraft boats, not knowing much about them I had a look at you tub and their website, I must say their toughness is remarkable, the only downside I can see at the moment is if you cant work with plastic you really cant do much to the boat after you have ownership.

To answer your question however, I went to the boat show this year and spoke to a savage dealer for a while, he mentioned that Savage, Quintrex and Stacer are all made at the same factory, so I couldn't see to many differences between either of them.

Hope this helps.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 am

Telwater boat makers......also look at brooker n steesco more popular in northen states....about a year ago u could get a 5m centre console for around 22grand...lots of people swear by quintrex ...i have no idea why..but i think quintrex are the holden of the boat market lol
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Allan tarr

Post by Allan tarr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:11 pm

if quintrex are the holden on the market the titanic must be the ford

Return to “Boating”