At 30 knots

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: At 30 knots

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Simple to do at home crumpet. Gently loosen bracket, push end of transducer ever so slightly down, tighten and test next trip. If no good then go slightly further down. No good, then level out again and if the bracket allows lower the whole unit as far down as possible and incrementally raise until best picture is achieved with each subsequent trip

If it's still rooted... You're up for drilling new mounting holes once you find it's best position. Not the first transducer mounting I've seen or heard being rooted from dealership either. Atleast yours isn't on the engine mounting bracket alongside the sacrificial anode... Now that I wish i took a picture of

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Few years back paid good money for a so called professional to install a transducer in the wrong spot too high up on the transom that I couldn't travel at any speed above 10knots without losing clarity.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm

rb85 wrote:Few years back paid good money for a so called professional to install a transducer in the wrong spot too high up on the transom that I couldn't travel at any speed above 10knots without losing clarity.
there were already holes there, for the speed pickup, so all I did was make them larger and attach the transducer. The transducer is the one, that comes with the Elite 7 Lowrance. and the readings were in Western Port.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Good stuff Wolly

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 pm

That's a great reading, I have the same unit but the 9" and there is no way I could get anything close at 30 knots.
I'd pay someone to have mine looking so clear, it does my head in!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Feathor wrote:That's a great reading, I have the same unit but the 9" and there is no way I could get anything close at 30 knots.
forum member nude up has put a new transducer in his boat and he gets great vision at fast rate of kms

he knows a lot more than can add

bm

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:13 pm

What frequency you sounding at speed with Feathor?

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Wolly - that's an awesome bottom trace and you'd expect that in conditions of low chop. Looking over the bow it looks like conditions were ideal. If there is chop do you find it is quite difficult to keep bottom?

Joe

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Blueyed1 wrote:Wolly - that's an awesome bottom trace and you'd expect that in conditions of low chop. Looking over the bow it looks like conditions were ideal. If there is chop do you find it is quite difficult to keep bottom?

Joe
This was on Western Port and it was as flat as a billiard table on a run out tide. I do find readings vary a bit,

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 pm

barra mick wrote:
Feathor wrote:That's a great reading, I have the same unit but the 9" and there is no way I could get anything close at 30 knots.
forum member nude up has put a new transducer in his boat and he gets great vision at fast rate of kms

he knows a lot more than can add

bm
I think nude up has a furuno sounder

Return to “Marine Electronics”