transferring way points

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

transferring way points

Post by Nude up » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:03 pm

I am just about to replace my navman trackfish 6600 with a raymarine a98. Its a 9" chartplotter with a built in chirp sounder, reason being it will not intefere with my foruno 50/200 hz sounder.
Any way my previous boat had a garmin chartplotter and I had to transfer all my waypoint or as barra mick calls them secret spots manually. The qustion is the navman has dual sd slots one for the cmap and one for storage updates etc. The raymarine will accept c map or navionics micro sd cards I want to move to navionics the question is if I save all my waypoints to an sd card in the navman will the raymarine recognise them or do I have to do it manually again.
The navman works ok but I want a bigger unit and the ability to run an extra sounder with downvision

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: transferring way points

Post by re-tyred » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:52 am

You can use a conversion program such as GPSU. The free version will do up to 100 points. registered version is unlimited.
I have a full version. I have converted hundreds of thousands of marks for commercial and rec fishos . Ther eis some limitations in that comments and shapes often are not converted. You must be careful about the format of the points. Degrees minutes decimal minutes etc. Also the geod system WG84 etc. You need to make sure you set it to the same as the points on your original before you start. Happy to help out if you need.
MG
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:32 am

How much for your old unit so we can get all the secret spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks re-tyred I might take you up on that I spent hours doing it manually . As for my old unit scraglor I will sell it to the highest bidder

Return to “Marine Electronics”