Minn Kota v motorguide?

Freshfishin

Minn Kota v motorguide?

Post by Freshfishin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 pm

I phoned a dealership the other day enquiring about putting an i pilot on my stacer outlaw. To my suprise his first response was " yep, no worries but did you know motorguide have now got a GPS model that does everything and i pilot does?"
I wasn't aware of this but I am now giving it serious consideration. I have done some research and from what I have read from American sites the motorguide xi5 is a great unit, my question to all of you is does anyone have one? And how do they perform?
I have also found out that they are making a link for the xi5 to link with lowrance hds products which my just get me over the line in favor of the xi5

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Minn Kota v motorguide?

Post by ducky » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:56 pm

I don't know a great deal about them but I have heard lots of good things about the cable steer motorguides. Apparently they are bullet proof

for what its worth my boat has a 55lb ipilot minn kota riptide. Was on it when I bought it. Bloody great fun to use and turns the boat on a dime. I don't use the foot pedal, Instead I use the remote hanging off my neck.

Freshfishin

Re: Minn Kota v motorguide?

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:11 pm

A mate of mine has a 24 volt i pilot on his boat and I love it, had full intentions of getting one the same till I found out about the motorguide.

Return to “Marine Electronics”