Transducer angle problem or electrical interference. Please look at the pic!

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Transducer angle problem or electrical interference. Please look at the pic!

Post by scott__henning » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 pm

your arches are lopsided, so check that your transducer is horizontal. its not a huge issue however.

the clutter looks about normal, always run the sensitivity on auto, does a good job

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Transducer angle problem or electrical interference. Please look at the pic!

Post by greggo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:38 pm

You might not be aware, but the auto setting is based on further input. Go to settings, Adjust, Auto sensitivity. You can adjust it while travelling until you get the picture you're happy with. Mine varies a lot depending on PPBay, WPBay, fresh water, salt water, dirty water, etc...etc.

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 am

Most issues with any sounder at speed are either, air bubble or acoustic noise from the propeller, hull or even water crossing the transducer face at speed. You don't have much of an air problem as that causes gaps. I suspect this is acoustic noise , and mine has the same issue. I don't worry about it too much as I go slow when looking for fish and I still get bottom at 20knts just a bit of a messy screen like yous. However if you want to fix it try your sensitivity settings and noise settings. Be aware that you may degrade you fish finding quality. Stopping the problem at the source is about transducer location, usually further from the motor/prop or if it it the hull vibrations then a block of wood or hard rubber between the transducer mounting and the hull. Often moving the transducer further away from the motor ends up with it being in and air bubble area as a tinnie doesn't have much room on the transom. Glass boats don't seem to have as much problem as they don't vibrate the same as a tinnie.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions! They have given me quite a few ideas and clues about what I can do.

Much appreciated!
Kestrel

Return to “Marine Electronics”