Spotlighting questions!!

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Misheen

Re: Spotlighting questions!!

Post by Misheen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:58 am

If you are making your own led light from scratch you can source materials from cutter.com.au they are Melb based so you can pick up also

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:21 am

Misheen wrote:If you are making your own led light from scratch you can source materials from cutter.com.au they are Melb based so you can pick up also
Thanks for that! So far it looks like I want to be using something in the 6-6.5k spectrum and single globe. Wondering if there is anyone out there that has a DIY a flounder light.

Have you taken your flounder light out recently misheen?? I can remember reading some of your older posts when I was doing research. You've got some good tips for those starting out.

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 pm

This looks awesome and i have always wanted to try it!

Any chance you can post a photo of your setup? Including what light you're using, battery and how you keep it all connected whilst walking through the water. I have said it every summer that i want to do this but never do, due to the lack of knowledge.

Cheers,

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm

matt1991 wrote:This looks awesome and i have always wanted to try it!

Any chance you can post a photo of your setup? Including what light you're using, battery and how you keep it all connected whilst walking through the water. I have said it every summer that i want to do this but never do, due to the lack of knowledge.

Cheers,

Pics of my set up on 2nd page of this thread. The light has 2(red and black) wires coming out of the end with gator clips which I clip to the corresponding colour terminals on the battery. The battery is stored in a small backpack and the spear is stored in the waist belt of my waders when not in use. I also wear waders and boots but Il be wet wading(shorts and boots) once the water warms up.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:06 pm

I already own a set of net poles and net/gaff from Tony's tackle so I got a spear tip of him and that's the spear I use. Im not sure I would get much other than flatties/flounder as its a 'handspear' and lacks the propulsion of hawaiian sling or speargun

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”