Princess Pier fishing

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
rixter

Re: Princess Pier fishing

Post by rixter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm

rabah 01 wrote:
rixter wrote:
rabah 01 wrote:wow.. wonder why they did that to the end of the pier?
I think that speaks for itself, those pylons don't look too good ! . And if the pylons are like that, I could only image that the top pier deck was worse :bolt: The Pylons 'maybe' re-usable again ?, reason they are still there maybe ? , or yet to be inspected or removed. Time will tell. Cheeres , Rick
cheers Rick. didnt really pay too much attention to the state of those pylons tbh.. but your right.. looks like they have had their run! was a fantastic pier to fish off back in the day.
I remember it too back in the day , it was a good pier. Looking at the start of it ( the new part ) , i'de say they probably will continue it again , not sure though if using the exisiting pylons or new concrete ones. I haven't seen under the new conctreted part at the start , is it concrete pylons or the old wood ones ?.
I also recon' that area nowerdays would be a good fishing area. Obviously mussels everywhere on the old pylons , probably try using mussels for bait too - as that is what the fish around there will be feeding from off the old pylons. At least on your bait there is no shell ( cracked bait ) , gotta be more tempting to a fish than trying to pick the mussel from a closed or half open shell ?? .
Cheers , gl , I might have to visit this area again soon myself.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

rabah 01

Post by rabah 01 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Tried the princess pier today.. no luck... not even a single bite!! Went round 2 til 5.. not much action around! One bloke sitting in the top right corner was doing well though in the same time caught 3pinkies 1 looked well above 40cm and another three caught by other fisherman.. just weren't biting on our rods!

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Actually I was again thinking of this area today. It occured to me; Being there is no cover over the old pylons / no shade, I think this area would be better to fish either during early morning or night ( when it's cooler ). Otherwise with this heat , the fish during the day will be under covered (shaded) piers or out deep in the bay where the water is cooler. Still looks like a great spot around all those 'exposed' pylons , but maybe during darker hours ( early or late in the day ) , cheers.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”