SECRET SPOT WANTED !!!!

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: SECRET SPOT WANTED !!!!

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Noxcus wrote: but landbased fishing in the bay you certainly dont go to bag out :)
I beg to disagree.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Boza

SECRET SPOT WANTED !!!!

Post by Boza » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 am

Mate i live in murrumbeena next door yo carnegie and all i fosh is freshwater now gave up on the briney stuff theres plenty of freshwater options and you may actually get something
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Noxcus wrote:Maye iv fished the whole coast line of victoria and southern nsw and i can tell you get a boat for the bay if you want to bag out simple. If your willing to drive 8 hours for a trip eden are along with mallacoota and wonboyne is absolutely beaty and well worth it. Like the guys said snapper dont hang in one spot and you really gotta know whats biting in the area at certain times and conditions.

With northerly winds altona with balloning will get you a nice gummy or snapper woth my experience but landbased fishing in the bay you certainly dont go to bag out :)
i also have to disagree with the fact that you can't bag out land based. i have bagged out numerous times land based. sometimes you can sometimes you can't. you have to go out during the right weather and during the right moon cycles/ barometer reading, so on and so fourth.
i do agree that you can bag out more often if you go out in boats but there is always a chance of bagging out anywhere you fish.

nick

Post by nick » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm

hi snapper01

you could try the rock wall next to the warmies fishing into the yarra. it is really deep water as the cargo ships pass through channel and ive heard of some very big snapper caught there this season. location newport/williamstown

also the rocks wall at webb dock and end of station pier both locations in port melbourne

if youre willing to drive an hour and half you could also try places like st leonards pier, mornington pier or north shore rocks in geelong

cliffs at mount martha

dont overlook places close to home like brighton pier,black rock, hampton rock groynes and sandringham breakwall all will produce excellent fishing if everything line up

good luck and welcome to melbourne.

hope this has been a little help

dont hesitate to pm message if you need to know more info.

nick
Last edited by nick on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 387 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

great suggestions there nick :thumbsup:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

tr3los

Post by tr3los » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm

a few nights ago a few mates and i went to our "secret spot'' and got 5 gummies in bout 2 hours (there were 3 of us). went back there last night, same time same baits (fresh barracooda/king george/salmon fillets) stayed there for 5 hours didnt get a bite other than a banjo. So goes to show the secret spots dont always produce either my friend, as said before, i think its a matter of right place right time

DMAN NZ

Post by DMAN NZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Kia Ora Snapper, I'm not much of a sea fisherman but plenty of land based fishing opps if you're into that.. I'm based in Cheltenham and moved over here from Christchurch at end of 2011. I've just joined this site and there is Heaps of useful info in here. I did find the guys at Fishing Fever on Boundary Road, Mordialloc REALLY helpful with a few locations, the right baits to use etc etc. Would def. reco them.

PS. Let me know the secret spot when you find it..

Darren.

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”