LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: LB King

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm

4liters wrote:
ducky wrote:
mingle wrote:
4liters wrote:
mingle wrote: Oh, also a reminder for any fishos who venture there: please take your crap home with you as I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning up after you.
Find many slurpee cups down there?
I've bagged-up and carted out just about everything. About the only thing I haven't come across is a used dinga...

Mike.

Surprised to hear that. I know a few forum members that go dogging down there regularly.
Dougie doesn't use protection
I’ve heard the only lube used is couta slime too.

But I digress.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

What happens on the ledge, stays on the ledge.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm

People saying giving away the OP hard yards etc and getting all up in arms probably should realise that this spot is no secret and has been revealed in a few well published books best you guys go give Paul Worstleing or Jarrod Day a serve as the cat was long out of the bag before this spot and has been a haunt for Snapper, whiting and salmon.

*edited*

PhilN

Post by PhilN » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Top effort abzz - especially LB
I was down there that day (in a boat) and worked the entire Cape including offshore reefs all day - no kingies for me that day
It’s always been my assumption that that area was not the place at that time. Thanks for the post

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 pm

rb85 wrote:People saying giving away the OP hard yards etc and getting all up in arms probably should realise that this spot is no secret and has been revealed in a few well published books best you guys go give Paul Worstleing or Jarrod Day a serve as the cat was long out of the bag before this spot and has been a haunt for Snapper, whiting and salmon.

*edited*
*edited*

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 pm

edited]

Who's this guy? :rofl: Ha ha. Im happy with the fish I catch whats the point it's no secret spot I see people fishing there all the time. You fish the ledge with Dougie if so I may come down and say gday :thumbsup: can probably even pick the day.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm

abzz your a fringing fish magnet ! I've checked out your captures over the time I've been on this forum and you amaze me, I don't know anyone who's caught the variety of BIG fish LB as you have, you got my respect dude ! I knew the spot you fished by the back ground as I've been there, but out of respect I refrained from mentioning it, It may not be a "secrete spot" but I'd be annoyed traveling so long to get there only to find no room to fish, good fish producing Victorian ledges are far and few between not to mention small, only 2 or 3 can fish at a time, as others have said if the poster doesn't mention it, and you recognize the spot, respect his post, you can always send a private message and ask if you must.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm

edited

Unless someone has already been there they are not going to be able to identify the spot from the picture. That's the point. You are quite, quite intentionally revealing locations from people who've chosen to remain vague. What part of don't do it so hard to grasp? Respect the OP and respect the reports. The language or exact form your sentence takes is completely irrelevant. You know damn well the penguins comment was meant to reveal the location you think I was standing in. Whether it's a spot I've walked 7km then abseiled into or read about in a book and parked my car around the corner is irrelevant. If you want people like Abzz and myself, Adtrac, Carl etc to write reports for you don't farcking do it.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Rb85 edited

What he says should be taken with a very miniscule grain of salt

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Kimtown wrote:Rb85 is the same dude who told me I'm a stupid risk taker for not surf fishing with a life jacket

What he says should be taken with a very miniscule grain of salt
Good times. * edited*
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”