LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
bilby

Re: LB King

Post by bilby » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:23 am

Agreed. People work hard for their fish in these limited land based areas. Knowing the spot won't necessarily help anyone anyway, but it will potentially make it unfishable for those anglers who have put in the long hours to work out weather, tides, bait, gear and techniques.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 am

ducky wrote:Awesome report abz. Well done on a lb king!

Dunno why people feel the need to point out or infer what area the fish was caught. If it’s not stated don’t publicly post it.
The location is hardly a secret if it was I wouldn’t take photos with obvious landmarks.

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ingeer on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Brilliant effort! Any LB Kingy is an achievement

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 pm

I think ultimately it’s up to the person posting the report. It isn’t a secret spot by any means but if someone doesn’t name the spot in their report then perhaps they don’t want it widely known where the fish was caught. Revealing the identity of the spot when it isn’t your report strikes me as pretty poor form and a really good way to discourage people from posting reports at all.

Anyway, that is a top effort land based!
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm

If people don’t want to reveal a spot don’t post photos of distinctive landmarks or the weather on the day.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it unless those request no names and be smart enough not to give clues away.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:53 pm

4liters wrote:I think ultimately it’s up to the person posting the report. It isn’t a secret spot by any means but if someone doesn’t name the spot in their report then perhaps they don’t want it widely known where the fish was caught. Revealing the identity of the spot when it isn’t your report strikes me as pretty poor form and a really good way to discourage people from posting reports at all.

Anyway, that is a top effort land based!
What he said.

abzz

Post by abzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks guys..
As I mentioned in the original post, It is a known spot but not many people take the time to fish it properly.
I posted this knowing that some of you would know where this is but thought it would be kept to themselves ( thats why i left a bit of background in the pic) As others have also mentioned.. i dont see why it has to be mentioned or pointed out. If you recognise a spot good on you, probably means you also have put in some time fishing it.
Last thing i want to do is crop out everything except the fish( makes a **** pic..and i love a good pic :-D )
I havent got any "secret spot" that i fish. All the spots i fish are quite heavily fished by others. But i have put in alot of hours working out the most productive times to fish them ( not this spot , this was the first time i properly fished here lol )
Only reason i dont really mention spots is so that i can go another time without it being too crowded.
By the way this post is not aimed at anyone on here particular just in general, so hopefully no one gets offended :thumbsup:

abzz

Post by abzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm

ingeer wrote:Awesome fish mate! How far about the balloon takes the bait out ? 100m? 150m?
by the way it looks like the red point area...
Thanks mate
Not far at all about 20m

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 pm

abzz wrote:
ingeer wrote:Awesome fish mate! How far about the balloon takes the bait out ? 100m? 150m?
by the way it looks like the red point area...
Thanks mate
Not far at all about 20m
Did you miss an '0' ? ;-)

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”