Albert park lake

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Jucfishing

Albert park lake

Post by Jucfishing » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 am

Hi everyone, I was looking for some new freshwater spots to try and found out that albert park lake is stocked with trout, and was wondering what the fishing is like there? Any input appreciated! :thumbsup:

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Re: Albert park lake

Post by benders » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 am

The stockings happen in the second and third school holidays. The are pan size and good
fun for kids of all ages. And if you do a search on this site you will see plenty more on the yellow belly population and techniques. But I’m not sure if I would eat anything from there. That’s up to you.

Jucfishing

Post by Jucfishing » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:05 am

benders wrote:The stockings happen in the second and third school holidays. The are pan size and good
fun for kids of all ages. And if you do a search on this site you will see plenty more on the yellow belly population and techniques. But I’m not sure if I would eat anything from there. That’s up to you.
Thanks! I don’t know much about the area because I live in Torquay but will travel up soon!

Crummy Angler

Post by Crummy Angler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm

The lake has been cleaned over the past decade. If not, it wouldn't be able to support populations of rainbow trout and silver perch. Surely, the gov't wouldn't stock the lake with ready to eat fish if it were polluted...we hope...... :fish22: :water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 pm

I lost a rod off the pier to a big fish 10 years back.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Definitely some big ones In there.

skouta

Post by skouta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:43 am

This is from the Parks Victoria Website

Fishing
Fish include Rainbow Trout and Golden Perch. A Recreational Fishing Licence is required and Victorian Recreational Fishing Guidelines must be followed. Parks Victoria encourages the 'catch and release' method of fishing but European Carp (a noxious fish) must be removed from the lake once caught. Fish caught in Albert Park Lake are not considered suitable for consumption.
"I only caught one - the rest surrendered"

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Does anyone have an idea what parking costs are like round Albert Park during the day?

Crummy Angler

Post by Crummy Angler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 am

skouta wrote:This is from the Parks Victoria Website

Fishing
Fish include Rainbow Trout and Golden Perch. A Recreational Fishing Licence is required and Victorian Recreational Fishing Guidelines must be followed. Parks Victoria encourages the 'catch and release' method of fishing but European Carp (a noxious fish) must be removed from the lake once caught. Fish caught in Albert Park Lake are not considered suitable for consumption.
I had too much faith in the Vic gov't. I will eat my words. At least that is safer to eat than the fish in the lake.

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”